2022 Ford transit connect apim module interchange

Does anyone have any info on what APIMs would work on 2022 ford transit connect. Looking on ebay I see that LU5T-14G371-BNC is the right one, but wondering if a bronco, fiesta or other part numbers would work as well? This would be to add sync and a bigger screen, currently have small screen/non sync.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 0

New SYNC Version: 3

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

I will answer your question with another question: being this your first message/thread here, are you always this rude and ask a question without even the basics manners of saying “hi” or even a “thanks”?..

It almost looks like as if you think we are at your service… And for free, on top of that, since you are not even a supporter…

You must be a really fun person to be with…

I’m sure someone else will “service you” shortly, I have no interest in answering you…

1 Like

Sorry to offend you…I didn’t mean to come off that way, I was in a quick search all over google to find answers, came across this interesting site and thought I would check to see if this was even the right place to find this kind of info. Also, I am a member on lots of different forums/groups pertaining to vehicle stuff, (locksmith, automotive programming, troubleshooting, etc) and some want the hi hows the weather, my name is Jarrod, while others wont both to read unless you are short, sweet and to the point.

I just got this 2022 ford transit connect and would like to upgrade from the non-sync mainly for carplay and a bigger reverse cam screen. I plan to outfit it for my locksmith side business. I have fjds/fdrs, forscan, etc for programming but cant seem to find thorough information on what modules may work. Seems the screens should be fine I think, acm shouldn’t have to be change, but I may have to find a good conversion harness or piece something together.

Technically a Sync3 APIM is agnostic as long as it is the same year as the vehicle or newer, what’s important is the config in the AsBuilt of the unit.
That has to be changed to match the vehicle you’re dealing with and you can’t just use your factory one since it’s not for a 8" screen or whatever else has to be changed out to do the conversion (hence the reason you see programming by VIN offered on eBay or as a service on some sites)…

1 Like

Awesome, that makes perfect sense. I will see if I can get one and get it going, thanks!