3.0 to 3.4 Manual Update Missing Maps

Hi, I updated my 2016 F-150 from 3.0 Build 18093 to 3.4 Build 22110. I realized that after I had updated I clicked the wrong box. On the second step I checked NA 3.4.221100 No Maps, didn’t see the 2.20 (2020) and 1.19 (2019) option at the time. Now im upgraded to 3.4.22110 and have the nav error. I was wondering how I could fix this problem. I tried downloading the Sync 3 Updater (2.11.4.0) but couldn’t find a tutorial that used the updated Updater so that’s why I did it manually. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Install Type: Stock (Original Unit)

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.18093

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22110

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Navigation Fault

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Not sure what you mean, since there’s plenty of documentation:

Just recreate the USB with proper values configured in Syn3Updater and you should be fine.

I wiped the flash drive, download everything again and then got the PKG_ERRO4.

You’re not configuring it right then…

Also used the Updater and selected just maps, put in that I was on 3.4.22110 and it’s saying updating system software, is it suppose to do anything else more than say that until it’s done. It’s on the main screen.
Thanks

Read then documentation, please.
Since you already reformatted the unit before, it’s recommended that you reformat it again with all the packages. It will be faster and cleaner. From the build you currently have running, it should be a downgrade method. That’s what Syn3Updater should choose depending on your configuration.

You can install just the maps, but will take longer and multiple reboots.

There’s a guide here on the forums for that as well.

It’s up to you.

Ah didn’t realize that I had to go into the advanced settings on SyncUpdater to get to downgrade. I got it figured out and all set up now. I did see in one video someone saying that you could only do the 2019 maps if you were below a 2020. Is this true?
Thanks

No, absolutely not. If you use the reformat tool you can install any map package. Unless you have a MY20+ APIM, which you do not.

1 Like

Ok, so this time just use the reformat tool and add just the maps?

No, I’ve already covered this. You need to reinstall ALL THE PACKAGES.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.