3.4.19101 to 20196 lost heated seats on home screen

Do you have factory navigation or not ? Turns out the home screen layout varies, including the heated seat ‘buttons’, between navigation and non-navigation systems.

Looks like a US NAV equipped APIM.
7D0-01-02 x*xx xxxx xxxx
2=USB2 Disabled, Navigation Enabled (Telenav Common HMI), Rear EFP Disabled

Take a look at this thread:
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8518

Correct - It’s a US NAV APIM from a (I think) 15 or 16 Escape.
The home screen heated seat buttons disappeared after the recent update to 3.4.20196.
They were present when I had 3.4.19101.

May try a downgrade to 3.3 and then upgrade to something below 3.4.20196 this weekend, with a stop at 3.4.19101 to make sure I’m not insane…

Thanks!

1 Like

I am also having this issue. I have the heated seats icons under the secondary climate screen and they work like they should however the icons are missing from the home screen. The space for the icons is there, but its just blank. I’m interested to see if you/someone finds a solution.

I have seen multiple complaints about this thru various forums, looks like it might be a version bug. Wonder what 3.4.20237 holds…

New thread.

I updated to 3.4.20237 and unfortunately it’s still the same, although I have not tried a master reset after updating. Really would like to avoid master resets as I have configured the system quite extensively but I guess if there is a possibility it’ll fix the issue I can give it a shot.

It’s interesting that the space for the icons is blank, or there at all. If you disable the icons on the home screen the space would go away. But enabled, the space is there but blank. It’s like the setting is working but something else is wrong.

That’s exactly the case. If I disable heated seats the space is removed and the connected phone button takes up the space again. Weird.

I have an idea. Delete the phone, set the icons again with FORScan, see if the icons are there. I am wondering if just deleting and adding the phone would fix this. The icons are supposed to move up and the connected phone is below them.

Interesting. In all the screenshots of the home screen I’ve seen the heated seats buttons are below the connected phone button. I’ll still give that a shot.

When you connect a phone via USB. The normal connected (paired) phone button is above with the phone icons in it. It changes somehow, I need to look at it again.

For reference this is what my Home Screen looks like. You can also see the heated seat functionality does work under the additional climate menu.

At 2GFusions, I started a thread about the FCIM but it went off on a tangent discussing many other things including the heated seat buttons on the Sync screens. There are almost definitely differences in behavior between navigation units and non-navigation units. I have non-navigation and the left 1/2 is ‘radio’ with space for the heated seat buttons below. On yours, there’s no room but I think others indicated these buttons can appear (along with heated steering wheel) below the phone section (see post # 19 in the linked thread). Post # 22 is mine and I show our screen layout (non-navigation).

Both posts show the correct display for the respective units. But I thought that NON-NAV also could have the icons in the same place as the NAV unit

You show a NAV unit, are your icons set for the home screen?

As far as I can tell FORScan only gives me one toggle for heated seats which I have enabled. Is there another value somewhere which dictates nav/non-nav?

Not that I have found or know of.

But there are 4 toggles for heated seats:
0=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Not Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present
1=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Not Available, Cooled Seats Present
2=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Not Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present
3=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Not Available, Heated Seats Present
4=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present
5=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Cooled Seats Present
6=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present
7=Rear Climate Not Available, HSW Available, Heated Seats Present
8=Rear Climate Available, HSW Not Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present
9=Rear Climate Available, HSW Not Available, Cooled Seats Present
A=Rear Climate Available, HSW Not Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present
B=Rear Climate Available, HSW Not Available, Heated Seats Present
C=Rear Climate Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present
D=Rear Climate Available, HSW Available, Cooled Seats Present
E=Rear Climate Available, HSW Available, Heated/Cooled Seats Present
F=Rear Climate Available, HSW Available, Heated Seats Present

I have a non-nav unit. I want to say there are (2) settings but may be wrong. I believe that by default, the heated seats/steering wheel buttons appear under the “More” button (that takes you to “Additional climate controls”). In order to have icons appear on the home screen, you have to enable this with FORScan. We also have (or had) seat icons in the upper corners when the seats were turned on but I think they’re gone now. Maybe 20196 did that… I’ll go check here in a few. I have to borrow my wife’s laptop to mess with FORScan but she’s in college using it in the evenings so I have to wait until after 10pm or later and by then, I don’t care enough to bother usually ! :joy:

That is correct

They do not appear on the home screen if the heated seat control is present. They do appear on the other screens, and only if the vehicle is running…

Examples: This is 3.4.20196.

I can confirm that I have the icons appear in the upper left and right corners on certain screens when the seats are enabled on both 20196 and 20237. The climate setting is also set to 3 for me as I do not have rear climate and no heated steering wheel. Would be interested to know if/where the toggle is to enable the buttons on the home screen as I have not found it myself.

I can see you have the buttons showing on your truck. Did you just toggle the flag in the climate options you posted above?