About SYNC2 upgrading sync3 Occupancy Mode doesn't work

I am in China,and my car is Ford Kuga 2013。
I upgraded SYNC2 to sync3,Other functions are normal except Occupancy Mode。
In sound settings,I choose All seats and backseat is ok,but when i choose drive mode doesn’t work,the effect is the same as all seats mode。
Is there any expert who can help me,Is the APIM parameter wrong?

I have another question,My car has only 10 radars ,just has parallel parking。After upgrade,OPS display is ok ,but the automatic parking function cannot be used normally。
Here are my APIM parameters:
7D0-04-02 xxx* xx 0007 E4

If you need me to provide other parameters,please tell me 。
Thank you!

SYNC Region: China

Navigation Variant: Yes

Install Type: Retrofitted

Old SYNC Version: SYNC 2

New SYNC Version: 3.2.19064

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
no

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Why did you only upgrade to Sync 3.2? Sync 3.4 is available.

You vehicle has LESS THAN 10 sensors. It probably has only 4 or 6 sensors. The same value from Sync 2 will apply here, do not change it.

The setting for occupancy mode is the same in Sync 3 as it was in Sync 2. What is the difference of drive mode?

IN SYNC2, Occupancy Mode choose driver is ok,The co pilot’s voice is lower than that of the main driver。

Many people reflect many problems with SYNC3.4。3.2 is reliable

So the function is to focus the sound to the driver. Honestly, I have never seen this work in Sync 3, but I don’t know if any of my vehicles would have it anyways.

OK, but I think for the most part you will find that there are quite different experiences for different vehicle models and in different forums. Keep in mind that most issues with any Sync version are the modifications that people make to the systems.

I can at least confirm on my C-Max (w/Sony Audio) that this Driver/All occupants audio selection remained functionally identical between the original Sync 2/MFT system and Sync 3. It works and sounds the same on both systems when the Driver occupancy is selected. I use these modes about 50/50.

1 Like

I need to set mine to Occupancy Mode and see if it will work. 2015 F-150 Platinum w/Sony audio. I do not know if it was ever set in Sync 2, I’ll have to look it up.

EDIT: Occupancy Mode was never enabled on my old Sync 2 system, but it seems it should work on the Sync 3 system. It is enabled on our 2019 Lincoln Nautilus in Sync 3 with the Revel Sound System and does work properly. I’ll use the coding for that (which is ‘0’) and see if it works.

I enabled the SSA and RSS function
7D0-02-02 xxxx-xxx-xxxx Turn on RSS function
7D0-01-02 xxxx-x
xx-xxxx Turn on SSA function
Is this modification correct?It doesn’t work。

RSS is for Lincoln only. (Revel Sound System)
7D0-01-02 xxxx-x* xx-xxxx Turn on SSA function is correct. But it does not work with my F-150 Sony system.

I tried enabling the SSA feature and got all the extra buttons in both Ford and Lincoln themes, but the actual function did not work. It was originally disabled in Sync 2 on my truck, so I’m guessing the Sony system in F series trucks do not support SSA.

It has Occupancy Mode originally in my sync2,mybe Occupancy Mode no correlation with SSA and RSS。
Is it associated with 727-01-01 XXX-xx*x-xxxx in ACM?

Occupancy Mode is SSA.

No

ok,mabe this function does not work in sync3,I have no idea。
thanks brother

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.