Acm help asbuilt data

Currently have a 2015 f150 with sync 3 acm with no amplifier everything is working correctly …i got a spare acm with amplifier but when i put the spare one i can control the volume on the know or the steering wheel also the volume shows its at “0” and i can here the radio loud any ideas on how to configure the spare acm?

P.s when i tried puting the as built from the original acm with no amplifier forscan did not let me. Gave me msg Wrong structure data

Is this the same issue as your other thread? I can reopen that thread if you like.

Sync 3 error unable to update now - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

I’m not following the “no amplifier” vs “with amplifier”. Do you mean that you aquired a Sony external amplifier?

No

the second picture acm it has a heat sync im thinking its an amplifier on the side when i connect that one sound gets louder and it has better sound so thats the one i want to use but when i connect that acm the volume is at '0" and i can here the music

Yes, that looks like a 2012 ACM with an integrated amp.

I’ll have to research the setting for this, but this ACM unit was used with Sync 2, not Sync 3.

Can you tell me what the part number says, the pic does not have the resolution (on the internet). I’m looking for the Cxxx-19C xxx-xx on the second picture just below the big barcode.

1 Like

1 Like

So it’s from a 2013-2015 Ford Escape. CJ5T-19C107-GB

Since this unit was meant to be used with Sync 2, using it with Sync 3 is possible, but the volume display might be an issue. There are 2 things to check:
7D0-01-01 *xxx xxxx xxxx should be a value between 0-7, which is without an external DSP.
7D0-01-01 xxxx *xxx xxxx might need to be adjusted from ‘0’ to ‘1’. (or increment by 1).
These settings are identical in Sync 2/3. I think both of these are probably fine in your case.

I remember a thread on another forum about the volume indicator not working properly. I will research.

This statement clued me in on the issue. The 2013-2015 Ford Escape ACM, CJ5T-19C107-GB, uses I-CAN not MS-CAN to communicate. This is not compatible with the 2015 F-150.

1 Like

Thank you sir

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.