Add missing maps

Hi,
I am a newcomer here.
Just got my Sync 3 updated to the version 3.4.20136.
When I was updating I got the errors couple of time. I tried to dig into these problems and figured out that the memory capacity was the issue. I removed some maps and unneeded voice navigation files and finally was able to install the update. Everything works perfectly well. Thank you!
Now my question is whether I can add the maps which I have previously removed ? If yes, then how can I do it?
FYI, Now I have F9 maps on my device.
Thanks and looking forward to your response.

Andriy

Welcome,

Unfortunately cyanlabs does not support changing region and it appears based on your information that that is exactly what you have done.

What region was you, what region are you now?

I was in EU as I am based in UK and is still in this region. I have removed 3 big maps: Eastern and Southern Europe. Now I just want to install these too. Certainly, if possible

Sorry I mean 2 big maps

You will need to install them as part of the normal install not sure why you removed them

As I said, looks like there was not enough space on APIM to install full upgrade. That is why I removed 2 maps and all nav voice files (except the one which had eng language) to be able to install it successfully.
Is there a way to check how much memory my APIM has?

1 Like

Non nav is 8gb
NA nav is 32gb
EU nav is 64gb

you are likely failing because the unit you have is NA and therefore can not fit EU maps on it. if you were sold the unit from a 3rd party they lied about it being EU

Guess you right. I bought it used from Ebay. The person I bought from was in Poland. It could be the case he sold me NA device as EU one.
I there a way to check the total ROM size on APIM?

You will need Edge or Chrome with the Google Translator installed. Go to Ford SYNC 3 - ΠΌΡƒΠ»ΡŒΡ‚ΠΈΠΌΠ΅Π΄ΠΈΠ° ΠΈ навигация (с. 15) - Ford Focus 3 and download GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ
43Kb Interrogator_Log/utloggingutility. This will allow you to see what is on the APIM and the storage space and file structure. It will create an xml file you open in Internet Explorer. Run this like an update with an autoinstall file:
Create usb with SyncMyRide folder
Root is autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA files
Autoinstall.lst looks like this:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

Remove the numbers on the filename. Run this and then open the xml and go to the bottom of the file to see your storage. The asbuilt info is also in the file near the top.

Many thanks. Surely will follow your advice. Cheers

not easily, you can dissemble it and read the model number on the eMMC chip

Oh yeah i forget about these tools, yeah you can do it that way also. thats probably easier :smiley:

Just make sure that the autoInstall.lst file has the proper path to the package. So if you download the package off of the website you need to put the full package name in the Open1 line.

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

(or you can simply rename the package as suggested)

Thanks everyone. It is very helpful!

Buddy, can you suggest which files contain maps of central europe (Poland) and polish language?
because i also have apim 32gb and i need to reduce the package size a little

this one has Poland.

hello, normally on the back of your APIM there is a note that says what the storage is.