After interrupting the map update MEM_ERR01

Okay I took my vehicle to the dealership I bought it from. I did speak to to the technician who was working on it he spent a painful 3 hours working on it. He only charged me for one hour of labor $139.95 instead of $419.85. He felt bad for me, and was hoping for bragging rights with the other technicians. It looks like the reformat tool not only reformat it, but also takes the identity of the apim away. (I did experience that when I paid for a two days of FDRS, It kept saying that the apim was not original please reinstall the original apim.) His notes on the invoice “found apim locked up, list of codes we could not clear, or reprogram.” They are ordering me a new apim for $630.11. And in my case they have to pull the hole inside front apart to replace the apim. My apim is not located on the screen as I have a pop up display. So my total lesson just cost me $1,098.06. Lesson learned the hard way. I’m only going with OEM updates from now on!

Most of this is completely false. I have extensively examined the reformat script by decompiling the IFS image and have reformatted many units with out issue. It does not remove any unique information. If he was unable to clear any codes or reprogram it then he didn’t do a very good job. $630 USD is a insane amount to pay. If the apim is located where I suspect it’s about 30 minutes max to get to. Either way glad you got it sorted. Most ford “technicians” don’t know much tech but rather follow onscreen instructions from ford software. In fact we have a ford tech on the forum and he has used the reformat tool many times I believe

A replacement full nav enabled apim sells for around $200 on ebay, search 14G371 and buy one and cancel that crazy $600 one! I’m assuming this doesn’t include fitting costs… Crazy.

Dismantling a 2020 transit connect dash isn’t hard, it just looks daunting.

1 Like

You’re right, I have one, whole bunch of plastic.

I have the same problem with MEM_ERR01. Is there a solution because i read on top that the solution is in post 17 but i do not undarstand the solution.

Thank you

50 posts were split to a new topic: 2020 North America Edge ST NA 2.20 Map Installation

the only I can solve error MEM_ERR01, is to downgrade to 3.4.19101 from 3.4.21021 + F9 maps (as is described in tutorial manual update). then reformat APIM with 3.4.19101 + F10 maps (03.2021), and finally automated update with 3.4.21021 (made with Sync Updater - auto install mode - keep existing maps) - and everything is working flawless.
it takes around half a day, but worth it

:fire::fire: 2020 MAPS - EU (F10), NA (2.20) & ANZ (2.20) Maps added to Syn3 Updater :fire::fire: - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

See the post from CyanLabs about updating the maps with the Syn3 Updater…

If you want to test the new autoinstall method for NA/EU maps without reformat for people on 3.2+ already please change your application release branch to Ci
Once done press “Apply Settings”, the application should restart, once the application has restarted set the install mode to “Autoinstall”
Aslong as your install mode is Autoinstall you can safely ignore the MY20 warning.

Once done save the xml file that is saved on your USB drive to your computer and prepare the USB drive as per the normal procedure (make sure install mode is still autoinstall)

Share the xml + log.txt and once validated insert the USB in to the car and wait for the install.

I have the MEM_err01 message because I interrupted the installation.
Can you show me where to find the file you used to delete the Uninstalled map files?

No script is available that is not ESN locked. You would have to obtain it from Ford Service.

thank you!

I removed USB stick after the first reboot. Now voice commands doesn’t work. I wanted to reinstall but MEM ERR01 appears. Has anyone something new in this issue how to fix it?

Please post your log file. The installation was not completed. You could just do the whole thing over again…

There was no log on the USB stick.

Could you tell us what you were doing, what version from and to, what vehicle, sync version, etc.

Hi, I am trying to install F10 maps downloaded from Ford website. Unfortunately, after the first reboot, I removed USB stick. Once I found out that voice commands don’t work I wanted to reinstall it and plugged once again the USB stick with F10 maps and received MEM ERR01. My log:
Version 5U5T-14G381-ER
APIM Model: 3U5T-14G371-GDD
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 64GB
APIM Free Space: 18G
23.06.2021 11:03:26 +00:00
Partition Type = Free / Total
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 892K / 1.1G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 676K / 1.1G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 2.8G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 2.3G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 7.9M / 1.5G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 17M / 2.2G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 21M / 3.7G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 396K / 38M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 308K / 38M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 5.7M / 3.2G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 24M / 3.1G
/fs/Nuance/ = 27M / 4.7G
/fs/Nuance/ = 29M / 4.9G
/fs/Nuance/ = 8.4M / 1.9G
/fs/Nuance/grace = 21M / 1003M
/fs/rwdata/ = 615M / 1.2G
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 35M / 35M
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 90M / 90M
/fs/mp/ = 133M / 1.4G
/fs/mp/resources = 432K / 73M
/fs/images/ = 18G / 54G

Thank you for your help.

Have you performed a master reset on the APIM?

Yes, voice commands after reset don’t work. I haven’t tried to reinstall after it. Should I try?

Yes. If you still get the error, you could use the Syn3 Updater to do it.

Hi people. I have the same issue with MEM_ERR01. My child get out the USB stick while maps updating process was running. Can you help me to fix this error?

1 Like