After interrupting the map update MEM_ERR01

Hi people. I have the same issue with MEM_ERR01. My child get out the USB stick while maps updating process was running. Can you help me to fix this error?

1 Like

Can you tell us what your upgrade is? Did you reformat?

Please post your Syn3 Updater log.

Sure! I tried to update navigation from F9 to F10 version. While update process was running my child unexpected pull out USB stick, so installation was not finished correctly. When I inserted the stick into USB port again, I had MEM_ERR01 message. I didnā€™t try reformat because Iā€™m not sure is my car MY20. I am new and some steps and actions are not familiar and clear for me. Please give me an advice what I have to do first.

1 Like

First recommendation, do not go for it with others in the car. :smiley:
Post the log please, as F150chief asked.

How can I get this log? I got Interrogator log. Do you say about it?

If you have an interrogator log, post it as well. But remove VIN information from the file name and file content first.

The log we are asking is the log for the USB creation, should be placed in the root of the USB you used to perform the update.

Also, the app has a dedicated tab for logs, these are saved locally.

Either I donā€™t understand you or I donā€™t have this log. I tried to update from USB which content was downloaded from Ford official site as an archive which just was extracted on USB stick. As the update was not successful, I didnā€™t get any logs on the USB stick.

I canā€™t upload any files as I am a new user.

I see.

Since you are on a Cyanlabsā€™ forum and didnā€™t say so before, I just assumed you tried updating with Syn3updater.

Thereā€™s no log for the USB creation then.

What about the interrogator log?

Iā€™ll upload Interrogator log as soon as Iā€™ll can do it. For now I canā€™t upload any files because I am a new user.

1 Like

Try now please

1 Like

Thanks, I was just going to do thatā€¦

1 Like

Interrogator_log.xml (11.1 KB)

Thanks! Itā€™s OK now.

You can use reformat on this unit. KU5T-14G371-GJA. Itā€™s a 2019 APIM.

You have 3.4.21020 installed, 5U5T-14G381-ER.

Thanks @SaNdMaN for the assistā€¦

1 Like

Oh! Thank you! Iā€™ll try to do this tomorrow and Iā€™ll come with the result.

And yes, you are right. I successfully installed 3.4.21020 earlie. I got MEM_ERR01 when I tried to update navigation only.

1 Like

Good morning.

It looks like Syn3 Updater app has some problem. I tried to create USB stick with the app and I get the error message like ā€œTask cancelledā€ (text may be different, because I get it on russian). I get the error everytime at the same point - after downloading of 1U5T-14G421-BGH_1615430797000.TAR.GZ file. In folder I have this file with zero size.

Updated: The same problem is with1U5T-14G421-BHH_1615430859000.TAR.GZ file.

1 Like

This has been reported many times by only a small portion of users and cannot be reproduced for troubleshooting. As the error says, the server (Fordā€™s) is closing the connection.

This is what you could do:

• Keep trying until it succeeds
  • Try a different computer
  • Try a different network
  • Configure Syn3Updater to only use a single download connection instead of 8
  • Manually download the files via a browser and save them into the Syn3Updater download folder and re run the process: Syn3Updater will find the files locally and validate them without re-downloading and later create the USB drive. You can get the files list and download them here: Easily Update Your SYNC 3 Using Our Manual Method - CyanLabs
1 Like

Thanks for advising. I have already done this exactly like in the last point.