Aftermarket reverse camera on MK8 Fiesta with Sync 3 - Blue Screen Error

Hello everyone, unfortunately I have a problem that there is a lot to read about, but unfortunately there is no clear solution for my case yet.
I recently installed an aftermarket reverse camera. The adjustment with Forscan on the APIM has also been done. But I keep getting a blue screen with the message: ‘‘contact your dealer’’.

What have I done:
The camera installed on the mass of the rear window heater.
And the plus on the backup light (continuous voltage of wiper makes no difference)

the camera works, the pins on the connector are correct (triple-checked) and I ordered a new video cable and connected it immediately. Still a blue screen?

Do you have any tips to get the reverse camera working?

Fiesta MK8 - 2019
Sync 3
build: 3.4.22200

Thank you very much

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.22200

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22200

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Camera not available, contact your dealer

Update Method: Official Ford

Hello there.

For testing purposes, install 3.3.19xxx.
Once it’s done, master reset and check your asbuilt values are correct.
See if that makes any difference.

Why am I saying this?, I remember reading that at some point 3.4 started having issues with aftermarket cameras.

So, to rule that out, try running 3.3 for troubleshooting.

Hii SaNdMaN, thanks for the tip!
Do you happen to know if the differences between v3.3 and v3.4 are major?
And a downgrade affects the original maps?

There’s no official changelog, but 3.3 is more like 3.0 (same look and feel).
3.4 was a “major” update, new UI and stuff. From the functional perspective there were some improvements, but they are “basically the same”.

And yes, if you configure syn3updater correctly you can just change Sync3 version without touching the other components, it’s a really quick procedure (about 10-15 minutes, tops). Just make sure to select “keep current maps”.

If there’s no improvement while running 3.3, post your asbuilts values.

Just went down to from 3.4.22200 till 3.4.21194. Everything went fine, but no solution so far. Will try a few other tweaks and earlier versions. Personly I realy like the look and feel of the 3.4 version. Hope I don’t have to loose that. Will give it another go tomorrow.

Might there be any other setting besides this APIM setting?
7D0-01-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx
0=disabled
2=enabled (default)
A= enabled with obstacle detection

Thanks so far

Try downloading to 3.3.19052 as suggested retaining existing maps and see if that solves your camera issue. :wink:

Just went all the down to 3.3.19052. Didn’t make a difference unfortunately.

Stay at 3.3 for the time being.
As requested before, post your complete asbuilt.
I won’t be able to review it, but there are other members that are really knowledgeable and may jump in.
Thanks.

I’m closing this thread since you went silent for over a week and didn’t post your complete asbuilt values as requested (twice).

I’m assuming you lost interest or no more assistance is needed.