AM missing

Question: did you update both calibration and Sync3 version?. I may be missing some updates from you, but I was under the impression you only changed Sync3 version.

Not that it would be required, but have you master reset after going back to 22251?.

Yes, i have the last calibration version -EM and the last SYNC version 23088

No, after the roll back to 22251 i haven’t performed a master reset.

I have check the XML file and all sw parts are ok.

If you updated the calibration then that is 100% more likely to be the cause then a sync software update, the radio isn’t even controlled by the APIM it’s controlled by the ACM

strange, because i have update my APIM with the official Ford FDRS tool and isn’t available any update for ACM module.

Right but if you updated your calibration that’s probably why you now dont have it, my point is that I doubt the sync os caused it. If you updated your calibration you may have new as-built entries that are wrong or it may be that the new calibration has removed AM.

of course I understand. I have check my as-built data with the official ford ab files and all values are correct. (no change of as-built from EL to EM)

The only value that control AM tuner is in the DE08/7D0-09-04: xxxx-xxxx-x*xx

where * = F

F=Redcap Enabled, ESB Enabled, RSO Enabled, AMT Enabled

I can try, for test, to reload old EL calibration for check. Will be useful understand is @coghva is in the same my situation

I think that you reverting back to your older Sync3 version not solving the issue is a good evidence that as we all thought, this is not related to the Sync3 version…
Plus, other users on the same build have AM radio showing, which enforces the above.

So if I were you I would try going back to the older calibration, the one where AM was shown.

The asbuilt might not have changed but the function of a certain value may have, it seems you think you understand but are actually missing my point.

this isn’t necessarily true, it’s the only known value that is labelled related to AM, there could and probably is more.

Yes do this, also make sure to master reset SYNC because changes don’t always take effect until a master reset

ALWAYS MASTER RESET, weirdness can happen otherwise.

I missed he didn’t MR…
So yeah, MR and if that does not work change calibration.

So as I’ve told you yesterday I downgraded to 3.4.22251 today and still missing AM. So it seems that is no software glitch or something else. I tried again with As built reinstall to default and no AM. I am thinking to reformat APIM and downgrade to 3.3.19052 (basic) and reinstall the known stable software.

@coghva what is your actual APIM calibration version?

already tried with MR but without results.

I do not know I will verify tomorrow

mystery solved: in DAB versions of the European ACM module, the AM tuner is not present. It was my false memory

This isn’t true, my car has AM and is euro, newer cars may not have AM though, who even still uses AM radio?

My car is a Kuga 2022. I spoke to another person with Kuga 2022 and he also never had AM. So it’s probably as you say, maybe it depends on the year of construction. But your car have a DAB Radio?

Yes,

I’m sure it will be newer cars that don’t have AM in the EU atleast. AM is over 100 years old.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.