Android auto dash directions

Hi All,

I have a 2018 Ford Fiesta Mk8.
I recently upgraded from sync 3.0-3.4 which seems far better! The main reason I updated was as I wanted to get the driving directions which show on the dash for the built in sat nav, to show when I use Google maps on android auto.
After the update, this still does not show on the dash with Google maps. Any idea how I can get this to work?

Also for note, I do have radio logos and a calm screen on the sync 3.4.

Sam

SYNC Region: Europe

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.7

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

That’s odd. I upgraded my 3.0 to 3.4 on my 2018 S-Max and got radio logos and driving directions on the small screen from Google Maps and Waze. I wonder if the Fiesta has the same dash as the S-Max. All my instruments are virtual.

Hey, maybe it is slightly different as my center console has physical dials still, but the small screen in the middle.
Also I should add, I made a mistake and do not have calm mode, but do have the radio logos!

This is my dashboard with Google Maps direction

Did you master reset?

Hello, yes I did a master reset of the sync system. I’ve attached a photo of my dash if this may help anyone.

And my sync is 3.4, build 21265

Do you have the NAV Repeater Conformance and NAV Repeater Format set thru FORScan in the APIM asbuilt?
7D0-01-02: xxxx-xXxx-xxxx NRF Motorola or Intel Format
7D0-01-02: xxxx-xxxx-xXxx Nav Repeater off, Current, HUD Support

Hello! To be honest with you, no idea!
I’ve never modified this before nor do I know how to. I’m a bit of a beginner when it comes to this I guess.

Are you the first owner of the car?

I’m the second owner.

Without checking those values, there is not really much to do here, because it should work without any modifications. You would need to get an adapter, get forscan, and check those values mentioned before.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.