Android auto isnt working after sync 3.4 updat

You could look for a more recent version on apkmirror but you phone may not like it.

Latest version APK MIRROR 7.9.122804.Choose for your mobile.

Iā€™d recommend trying a brand new cable from either Anker or CableMatters (or other reputable brand name, purchased from a reputable non-Chinese source) before switching out the hub. Easier and cheaper. Bad cables are the source of many Android Auto problems.

I think i am going to buy another cable (ive bought 6 different brands from amazon with no luck) but i just used my friends iphone on a 4 hour trip and it worked great with no hiccup so its either a issue with the cord or android auto at this point

Have you definitely removed the vehicles from your android auto app as per the attached?

I have removed them from android auto. After i did that i had no vehicles listed under the app so im assuming i did it right?

1 Like

The one thing that is weird though is after i deleted the app and reinstalled it the app icon no longer shoes up on my phone but if i search for it i have the app and i can open it that way

1 Like

Thatā€™s an odd oneā€¦ My only other recommendation is a factory reset of your phone if you havenā€™t already.

Phones can be set to add new appā€™s to desktop or not, if its in the app tray maybe thats what youā€™ve done.

The android auto app no longer shows in the app drawer as it has no phone interface and is now integrated with the phone operating system, you can get to the android auto app via settings > apps

To clarify this wonā€™t show in the app drawer or the home screen as itā€™s embedded in the OS now a days

Iā€™m running Android 11 and itā€™s still shown as an app in the app drawer. Is that an Android 12 thing?

Probably, not sure. But itā€™s definitely a thing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.