APIM Changed

I have changed the APIM of my Ford Explorer 2014 from Sync 2 to Sync 3 (Version 3.0). Not sure if it has navigation or not. The module is from Ford Escape, it does not show the climate options and navigation. I need step by step guide on what needs to be done to update to Sync 3.4 with all the functionalities such as climate options for GCC region.

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.0

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
USB hub error for now. USB hub is for Sync 3.4. I have Sync 3.0 currently that I need to update.

Update Method: Official Ford

Kinda of demanding to expect someone to give you Step by Step instructions.

Not demanding bro. Just need right instructions to follow without bricking the module.
Got the climate controls back by following one of the threads. Now trying to update via usb through Sync 3 updater app. Hope it doesn’t brick again. Hoping to get a guide. Any advice is highly appreciated. Many thanks.

Got this error during the update. Any suggestions?

Remake the USB image with high quality name brand USB drive.

Using ScanDisk 64gb.

reformatted with non nav profile and was able to update. Need to change a few settings in as built though.

Many thanks

For future reference, everything you need to perform these procedures including instructions, where to look in your settings for what system and features you have, etc., are available on this website. All you have to do is search. Latest Ford/Guide Topics

Thank you so much.
I’m able to update will all systems working.
Many thanks for the link for future reference.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.