APIM Sync 3 Version 3.0

I need an APIM that supports the 4" display. It costs too much to upgrade to an 8". I was sold an APIM with version 3.4 but it wont work with the 4" screen. Can I downgrade to a version that can work with 4" or where can I get one that is compatible with the 4" display.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: ???

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
no, I can only see a small portion of the display and no buttons work, just the volume and tune nobs.

Update Method: Official Ford

Manually install the 4’’ version, which is NU5T-14G381-BB (Sync3 v3.4.22251).

I just tried this and it failed twice and I can’t read the error code because of the screen size. I first tried it with the USB with exFAT format then again with FAT32. It sees the usb starts download and fails right away.

Any suggestions?

Post a screenshot of the USB 's root and SyncMyRide folder’s contents.

The tar.gz file needs to be in a folder called SyncMyRide

Are you new to Fords?

You need to place the compressed file inside a folder called SyncMyRide like any other Ford update…

I am new to ford. Can I just create that folder and put the .TAR file in it and keep the autoinstall file in the root?

Well… yes… no one else will create it for you…
LST files always go in the root…

lol…gotchya.

What about the format? FAT32 or exFAT?

exFAT

It finished the download, auto restarted and is now a black screen. I shut off the truck and restarted, still black screen. I held the power button and the forward button, the ford logo came up, I waited and still a black screen.
Also, the last radio station it was on is playing, the tuner won’t change the station but the volume knob works.

Any suggestions?

Mmm…
Where did you source this APIM from?. Do you happen to have a picture of its back? (there’s a sticker there, with information).

The good thing is that the unit is operational.
Next thing to try is reading the configuration with Forscan and an adapter.
There are a few values related to theme that would need to be checked.

If you want to recover the image like before, you can re-install a 8’’ version like NU5T-14G381-AD.

It’s also a good idea for you to create and run an interrogator log against the unit, then share the generated XML file here.

I purchased it from a company called Intelligent One Tech, stupidly, I didn’t realize it was from China. I don’t have a picture of the sticker.

I have Forscan and the cable, do you know what values?

I will have to do it when I get home, I am at work and I don’t have my laptop or cable it here.

I’ll also run interrogator when I get home. Is that run via laptop or USB?

Oh oh, that’s not good… If it’s fake, a clone or a counterfeit it may not be recoverable…
If you are still able to return/refund it, I would strongly consider that.
We had issues reported with APIMs from China…

This one → Sync 3 APIM Database - CyanLabs - Visual Design Variants (VDV) Sync Versions 3.0 Thru 3.4

Go through the link for the interrogator log, you need to download and install syn3updater.
You can create that log with the tool, then plug it into the vehicle. It will extract information and generate a XML file on the USB.

The reason I bought a new one was the bluetooth would sometimes connect and sometimes not. Also sometimes the radio wouldn’t turn off. Sometimes the buttons won’t work either.

Do you think, if I install the original apim I have and download the software you gave me, could it fix it?

Without knowing what the original APIM is and has running, hard to say.

I removed the fuse to do a hard reset and it came back up normal!

Thank you so much for your help, I was worried I got completely scammed.

Again, I really appreciate your help!

Thank you for this feedback, I will try to remember this should a case like yours is brought up again in the future. I think that must have triggered some kind of module reset. Now, why did your screen go black after installing the correct version is beyond me… Just remember you need to disable auto updates, since the APIM was originally equipped with a 8’’ screen, it would receive 8’’ updates…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.