APIM Version query

Hi all. I have a sync 3 on version 2.3 having issues now with CarPlay randomly not working. The screen also locks up quite often so looking to upgrade.

I have a Mac so have been watching how to do this by using a Mac and that seems fine. I have just checked my APIM version through the bezel diagnostics and it states the below.

Is this OK for me to try the update or is it one of the models it could brick?

Assembly part number: JS7T-14G371-FDC
H/W part number: HS7T-14G380-CB

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 2.3.17109

New SYNC Version: 3.4.20220

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Not yet updated

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

I have found a table on Cyanlabs with this prt number which implies it isn’t a MY20. But then when searching saw a post by @F150Chief on another thread saying not to update: Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues - #89 by Joethedemon

Would be good to know for sure as I want to get this upgraded today if possible

Just to add, the car has been with the same Ford dealer since it was new and all servicing etc done there. I spoke to them this morning and they have no record of the unit being replaced, so would be the stock one.

Hello.

Please, do not double post. If more information is needed, use the edit button instead.

That model is listed as NOT-MY20 in our SYNC 3 APIM Hardware Database - CyanLabs.
So you should be fine like 99%… If you want to go the extra 1% you need to unmount the unit and check the sticker, but again, you should be fine based on the information provided.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.