Apple CarPlay 2016 Fiesta ST

Hi, I have a 2016 FiST and I just updated it from v2.3 to the latest version of v3.4. I’ve also updated the usb hub to most recent one with a usb and usbc port. Plugged it all in and did a radio reset and it still wasn’t working. I have an iPhone XR. Thank you

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 2.3.17109

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.5.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

I couldn’t find it anywhere on my computer. When I opened the Interrogator Log it came up blank. I’m really don’t sure what’s going on

No “hi” or “thanks”?, ok…

If you performed a master reset and the HUB has been changed, assuming you are using a compatible cable and all conditions are met for it to work, then your issue is that you skipped “an intermediate activation build” by going straight to 3.4.

If this is the case, you are out of luck since you can’t go back to that activation build now.

1 Like

I don’t remember that step being mentioned. I followed the process and updated my software in under 10 minutes. I’ve bought 3 different cables and all are giving me the same issue. So there’s no way to revert back to my old v2.3 setup and just update to v3.0 through ford?

I appreciate you responding, typically wait until someone responds to thank them for their information.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.