Apple Siri Voice Control not working from steering wheel voice button

Hi,

I’ve just upgraded from Sync 3.0 to 3.4. 20196 (as that seemed to be the most recent tested one, though the later releases seem to be ok from what I read on here). When pressing and holding the voice command button on the steering wheel, Siri activates but can’t seem to hear me when I ask her to call somebody.

Apple Car Play seems to work fine and Siri can hear me perfectly through there.

Has this issue been resolved in the latest update or do I need to do something else?

This is my first post and like I say, I’ve only just upgraded. I have to say that the whole process worked very well and this is the only issue that I’ve been able to find so far. I really like Sync 3.4 over Sync 3.0 - it works really well. My thanks go out to those who made this possible and the community for the support.

Thanks

P

If you have not done so, remove the phone from Sync, master reset Sync, reboot phone, then add the phone back to Sync. This is what Ford says to do on their support page and I found it works most of the time.

1 Like

Ok it’s working now. I don’t know if it was the master reset as described, the update to the latest version of Sync 3.4 or the iOS update to 14.3 this morning or a combination. I think it might have been me letting the car close down after the update last night and going out in it today though as well as the master reset :wink:

Thanks for the help - fully operational battle station again!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.