AppLink / Journeys

I have a 2020 F150 Limited and I recently noticed that my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G phone will stop sending data to mobile apps (mainly fordpass. Ford+Alexa and Pandora stay connected.) When this happens, journeys will no longer record. It stopped working around November 27 of this year. Now, when it connects, it only stays running for a minute or so, sometimes longer than quits (fordpass disappears from the sync app screen and I have to restart bluetooth on my phone to get it back for a short duration before it does it again.) The wife and I have the same phone and her’s has no problems with her 2020 Fusion Titanium. We are running the first sync 3 software that fixed the sirus travel link problems. However, if I connect my phone to her car, it does the same thing.

I’ve tried everything I can think of on my phone (short of a radio master reset/phone reset):

• Unpaired / re-paired phone
    -cleared bluetooth data and cache
    -unistalled fordpass
    -used recovery mode to clear phone cache
    -set fordpass to "Never sleeping app / no battery optimization)
    -set bluetooth to no battery optimization
    -removed vehicle from fordpass and re-added it
    -logged out and back in for fordpass

I am not connected through USB. I do have a USB stick for music however in the port but that’s been there long before I started having issues. I can track in journeys that it started acting sporadic after November 27.

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.21194

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: Not sure

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

Thank you for the quick response. My wife and I are on android 11 on the same phone. She isn’t having the problem. Her’s works flawlessly for the time being. I am going to have her connect next time we are out driving and see if it stays connected from her phone. I have disabled all the stuff listed there and noticed that samsung still tries to kill apps. But nothing has changed, no android updates, nothing. The only thing is fordpass updated on November 30th. I did downgrade to a previous version but the issue still persisted.

Samsung are the worse brand for battery “optimization” i have had nothing but issues with AA and related applications (Ford Pass, Waze) etc on Samsung phones, OnePlus and my current Google Pixel 6 just work

I did not know about the monitor memory usage in the article you linked. Turned that on and will test. I will let you know… THANKS!

No, it did not solve it. Feeling it is something with sleep or bluetooth. Hoping someone here has found a solution.

What gets me, is the wife has the same sync version, same fordpass version, same phone with the same android version. Hers is tracking and stays connected for journeys, mine is not. I’ve been through every phone setting, radio setting, etc on my phone and nothing. It was working around the time I specified and now it isn’t. Hoping someone else has had a similar problem…

This happens with iPhones also. One remedy on the iPhone was to wipe the phone and reinstall from cloud backup. Apple has some pretty aggressive battery optimization going on also, but I have seen the Android has out done Apple on this one.

Thanks what I have been afraid of; that simply uninstalling it, clearing caches and stuff, won’t fix it; That I’ll have to wipe and start over. Hoping someone has figured a workaround…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.