Asbuilt from a 2020 Fusion

Ugh… I forgot about the joy of SIGN_ERR01 :face_vomiting:

Guess I’ll pick this back up next week.

Sirius is just another frequency riding on the same cable, just like AM/FM or if you’re old enough the same as when people used to put a CB radio splitter on their car antenna cable.

The reason that the coverage area is limited is that the satellites are in a fixed geosynchronous orbit over NA.

I had thought about changing the region calibration with ForScan, but the doc for the EU APIMs says that all of the files have to be done at once instead of individually and I’m a file short.
I’ve download the NA files separately already (they aren’t region files in the screen shot, that’s the current config), I need to get the F16B

1 Like

That may have been the issue when I tried to do it, I think one file was missing. But like I said, it’s not like I care if I blow this thing up if I try and something doesn’t work.

Use this…
3.4 APIM NAV & NON-NAV Unit Firmware (Production Release, 2021+ L Series)
Secondary Boot Loader: GB5T-14G376-AA
Strategy (F188): 1U5T-14G374-EM (7/13/2022)
Calibration (F124): 1U5T-14G375-DA (NAV) / 1U5T-14G375-CA (NON-NAV)
ECU Configuration/Sound Profiles (F10A): GB5T-14G379-AA
ECU Configuration/Illumination Strategy (F16B): 5U5T-14G379-BC (6/16/2020)

There is not.

You have non-NA firmware in the APIM, until you fix that you will be stuck in Detroit.

Only if you are programming EU files…but you should do all files at once regardless.

I’ve got all of those in my library, the only difference is the date on a pair of them.

1U5T-14G374-EM 08/19/2022
5U5T-14G379-BC 06/15/2020

Yep. They are not all released in sets…

Did the firmware and calibration changes and still running into the issue of being in Michigan.

I’ll try a reformat, but am I going to run into SIGN_ERR01 doing it that way? It’s been so long I can’t remember how I got around it last time.

Reload the asbuilt completely at one time with FORScan and then Master Reset. Need to clear all the cache. If that doesn’t do it then reload it with reformat.

FYI - Any time you do firmware upgrades it’s best to reload the entire asbuilt.

Is it stuck at Ford Road and Southfield Road? That is where Ford World headquarters is in Dearborn.

Good to know, I did the Master Reset but didn’t reload the AsBuilt.

It shows as American Rd, which looks to be right in front of the Ford HQ.

I’m in the same place, 1 American Rd in scenic Dearborn.

Here’s the post calibration change.

APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module
Part number: NU5T-14G371-GAA
Calibration level: NU5T-14G371-GAA
Strategy : 1U5T-14G374-EM
Calibration: 1U5T-14G375-DA

I feel better, at least. Are there any other calibrations you’d want to flash but are worried it’d blow up your APIM?

I’m so far in IDGAF mode I’ll try anything :laughing:

This was a science project to begin with, its almost like the logic sees 64Gb of storage and locks the GPS to the EU since it throws a no GPS error after a few minutes even with test showing satellites.
With EU maps on there’s no GPS error, you’re just sitting in Bristol, UK instead of Dearborn.

As a non-NAV unit it does work correctly if you flip the NAV bit off and use the jailbreak to pull the maps off.

It’s so strange too, because if anything wasn’t going to work properly, you’d think it would be the more America-centric stuff, like HDRadio and SXM, not the thing that’s a global standard :smiley:

Now that I have the confirmed right calibrations, I’m gonna try two more things (a reformat, and I might try turning off the SiriusXM traffic features in the AsBuilt), and if they don’t work I’ll probably throw the old stuff back in.

My APIM has traffic turned off.
Sirius working from the APIM and HD radio are bit settings in the APIM that correspond to the ACM, with the EU unit right out of the box it worked with my existing AB after a module reboot.

My next thought might be setting the calibration to ANY region?

The other thing I noticed is that my original calibration shown in the firmware update was NU5T-14G371-AAA, after the region change the ForScan firmware page shows NU5T-14G371-GAD but the ForScan start log still shows NU5T-14G371-GAA.

Is there a calibration file for ANY, or do you mean just trying different ones and seeing if one sticks?

According to the doc:
xxxx-14G375-F* is 32GB ANY region with NAV (US Export - Telenav)
xxxx-14G375-D* is 32GB NAV with NAV (Telenav)

Just tried F*, no luck :frowning:

Just changed 1U5T-14G374-EM to EL
No DTC for a missing GPS, but the test menu shows no satellites on the test menu.
Wonder if this is looking for a GPSM or GPS via the TCU?
Here’s the Puma donor AB.
APIM_N.abt (495 Bytes)