Audio Section not working

We bought a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium for my wife on Labor day.
It had SYNC 2.0 installed.
Almost every morning since the temps are getting colder, the audio won’t work.
I updated it to SYNC 3.4 on Friday, did the factory reset, and everything was working fine.
But, the past 2 mornings the audio doesn’t work.
It does seem to work fine in the afternoons when it’s warmer.
We park in a garage, the temp in there at night is in the 40’s (20’s and 30’s outside).
Any ideas on what would be causing this? Or a fix?

Thanks

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 2.0

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 3.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

This is a strange one, but since it was doing that previously, it’s clear there’s something odd with the car.

None of the audio functions work? (usb, radio, bluetooth, android auto)
What does the audio section say?.
Does navigation sound work? (if it has nav).

These are the things I would check: state of the fuses for the infotainment unit, clean contacts. Also, what about the battery?, is it new?.
These cars can do crazy stuff if battery is not working fine.

Is it similar to this? I know it’s not a Flex, but the systems are mostly the same…

Radio no sound, but others things do… still ACM? - Ford Flex Forum

2013 Sync/Nav/Sony No Audio Solved - Ford Flex Forum

This seems to be a common thing on some models. The ACM is the culprit and is ‘freezing up’ so is not responding to any commands. So the APIM and touch screen functions work, but trying to change the audio source or AM/FM/Sirius channels doesn’t happen. It’s also sometimes accompanied by the audio continuing to play with the vehicle turned off.

This isn’t Sync related in this case. The common workaround is pulling the radio fuse for your vehicle to force a power reset. Fusion’s have a TSB to update the calibration on the ACM for this but this should still be applicable IMO for other models since the ACM’s are often shared.

1 Like

Thank you, what I was thinking.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.