Audio tone settings not working

I just bought a 2019 F-150 STX today and my bass, treble are stuck on full and balance all the way to front right. The sliders work and I can hear the audio change and balance change, but as soon as I let go of the slider, it immediately reverts back to full again. This APIM was obviously removed from a different truck with navigation, heated seats, wheel, and dual climate. A bunch of settings in Forscan in the APIM were clearly not for this truck. Codes are U0238 and U0198.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM Replacement

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.0

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
U0238
U0198

Update Method: Official Ford

Run the Interrogator Utility and post the XML file here.

U0238:

• Faulty Digital Audio Control Module ‘D’
  • Digital Audio Control Module ‘D’ harness is open or shorted
  • Digital Audio Control Module ‘D’ circuit poor electrical connection

U0198:

• Faulty Telematic Control Module
  • Telematic Control Module harness is open or shorted
  • Telematic Control Module circuit poor electrical connection

If you have ForScan try downloading the factory AsBuilt and loading it into the APIM.
Any time a module is pulled from another vehicle even the same model this is pretty much the rule of thumb to follow.
You can make any mods after that, it lets you start from a known good baseline.

I will run the interrogator and post it tonight. The factory asbuilt wouldn’t have navigation, figured that would be another issue. I stopped before I did anything drastic and came here for advice on where to start. I know what the codes mean, I just figured there is no issue with the ACM since the settings will change. Once I had seen that alot of settings in the APIM were wrong for this truck… I came here for a starting point, as it was obvious this APIM was just thrown in.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.