Black screen after attempting an update

Okay so im a bit of an idiot. A while back I created a USB to update my Sync3 to the latest version because I was having bluetooth issues with my car. This didn’t fix the issues, so managed to get it replaced under warranty with Ford; this was about a year ago now. Just recently I had the great idea to update again without doing any checks, using the exact same USB, it said “Updating Sync” on the top of the screen when I inserted the USB. Then after that, the screen went black and now I have no reverse camera or anything.

Wondering if anyone could give me some steps to hopefully get it working again? Is it possible to just reset it to factory settings using FORScan?

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: OEM Replacement

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.20220

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
None, just black screen with no reverse camera

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: not sure

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

Lost as I reformatted the USB, didn't realise a LOG file was on there until after...

I’ve got a feeling you know what’s happened, RIP MY20, you’ll have to take pictures of the APIM stickers and post in here for the knowledgeable people to confirm for you though. Did you possibly upload the log here when you created your USB??

You’ve got nothing to lose by disconnecting the car battery for 10 minutes to see if it re-boots, if it does go straight out and buy a lottery ticket.

Nope I didn’t upload the log, quite annoyed I didn’t realise there was a log file till it was gone! I’ll try disconnecting the battery later if it stops raining. Will get back to you on the sticker on the back!

Would ford be able to fix it, or is it a case of replacing the APIM? If it is a MY20 system that is…

I assume its this part - if it will work with my car? :slight_smile:

This is a non-nav APIM, you can pretty much use any 2018-2021 unit you’ll need to drop your current Asbuilt into it with ForScan

Part Number Size Navigation MY20 Date Added
4U5T-14G371-GFA 64GB Yes No 22 April 2024