Black Screen after update

This one

I have closed one drive. So the file was not shared online and still the same fault. I can’t find an option to change the folder. I have uninstalled forscan an installed it in an other folder but the calibration files are still in the onedrive folder.

You could move them yourself in File Explorer

1 Like

What should I move? The calibration files? How can forscan know where to search for the files? I can’t change the folder in forscan for the calibration files.
That won’t work.

OK, I bow to your superior knowledge.

1 Like

The calibration files are kept locally on your computer by default in /My Documents/Calibration Files. If you have OneDrive storage active, they will be there also for access thru your OneDrive account to other devices. All you need to do is navigate to the correct folder to access them with FORScan. FORScan does not target OneDrive by default.

Although possible, trying to program calibration files via OneDrive can lead to incomplete or failed programming due to the longer response times for network based storage compared to disk based locally on the machine. This is a good way to brick a module. You should always use local storage unless it is just not available.

You also need a paid license to program calibration files. You apparently only show a trial license. Also, update your adapter, it is no longer supported by FORScan and the company that makes it has discontinued it.

2 Likes

Please don’t feel attacked. That was not my intention. English is not my native language, maybe I did not express myself correctly. I am sorry. I have tried your solution and did not find a way that worked. It was only an description of my opinon how Windows works.

I have disconnected onedrive with the folder path. So forscan can directly load the calibration files. Still not work.
I have the 2 month paid version of forscan. Is there a different between open paid and trial paid version?

So the first thing is to try an another adapter? Do you can recommend me a cheap one, that should work?
Thank you very much :smiley:

Maybe this one?

OBDLinkEX is the most common and one of the better ones to use, also recommended by Forscan. The one you show is garbage and has a Hi/Low speed switch.

Amazon.com: OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter : Automotive

1 Like

I have the 2 month paid version of forscan. Is there a different between open paid and trial paid version?

Can you please answer here?

This place isn’t Forscan support, however, trial is free.

2 Likes

Hi again, now I have the right adapter OBDLink ex. And I have the paid license of forscan. It worked to download the cal. files. And it worked to write them to apim modul :-). But my screen is still dark an nothing works :frowning: Do you have an other suggestion to try? Or is this the moment I have to give up and buy me a new one?

You say you loaded CAL files to the APIM however your log shows files having been written to the ECU. Am i confused here or did you hit the wrong button?

That’s just how Forscan reads out those log lines. Based on what I’m seeing, those are APIM calibrations. The Sound Profiles and Illumination Strategy are a dead giveaway.

1 Like

So what does it mean? I did it right?

What apim module can I use? There are so many of them… Can I use every sync 3 apim module with 64gb? What do I have to look for to find a compatible apim module? I have the HJ5T-14G370-KFB. I can’t find it in the cyanlabs database.

Thank you very much for your support :slight_smile:

Ignore me dude, i was just clearing something up i didnt understand.

If you’re in Europe you’ll need a 64G unit to accommodate full maps…