Black Screen after upgrade attempt from 3.4.21194 to 3.4.22110

I agree, none of those things “scream” APIM replacement.
But your vehicle is from 2019, so 3 years passed since it was built until you got hands on it. In fact, your apim was built on Feb/2021, right?. So if you assume about 6-8months of being stocked before going into the vehicle, the change was not recent.

1 Like

Any somewhat recent year APIM will work fine they aren’t car specific but come in 3 or 4 revisions

You can get a K series APIM like yours, just make sure to meet the storage requirements like yours. Also, 2019 Manufacture date is required to perform a reformat; if MY20 only autoinstall operations are allowed.

Worth noting that your screen may also be my20

You are correct, something to keep in mind.
Maybe @F150Chief can check that, but part number starts with L, so…
I remember older screens starting with G…

So @SurDre , no reformat a new unit until more details are available about your current screen. If you buy a non-MY20 combo (APIM+Screen), you would might be fine.

@SaNdMaN Regarding storage requirements, how do I validate the APIM storage configuration(s) for the APIM(s)?

As for the screen, my screen picture is quite literally off the back of the screen. I went into the metal housing and got that pic. Guess I dug a little too far…

It’s a 32GB one, since it’s a NA NAV one.
If you open the log you produced in Syn3updater, it will say the total amount of storage the unit has.

So it’s a 32GB one.

I think my larger question is, how do I tell what the APIM size is for anything I might purchase? You had mentioned the memory size consideration so I wanted to ask in case, for example, the K series APIMs have multiple memory sizes.

Well, I guess looking at the factory asbuilt is not completely safe. This is definitely a service replacement APIM, and the dealer even bothered to program it with IDS/FRDS and updated the factory asbuilt with the replacement APIM. As stated above, this is the first K-series APIM we have seen as a service replacement, and is definitely the newer eMMC format. Yes, the APIM is bricked. As stated above, just make an appointment and get it replaced. There is nothing you can do at this point to recover the unit.

The number in the pic is probably the serial number of the screen. There should be a tag on the top of the screen with the part number and serial number.

Thanks @F150Chief. I understand the existing unit is toast. My last question really had to do with having an interim/spare APIM & screen at home. I plan on having the vehicle for some time and the dealer will take weeks if not more than a month to repair my truck (based on past experience).

That said, I was wanting to understand if there are any size differences between APIM units; in particular, would any K series NAV APIM with a manufacture date of 2019-2021 work or are there some with different amounts of memory in them.

Thanks!
SD

NA Nav is 32GB
NA Non Nav is 8/16GB
EU Nav is 64GB
EU Non Nav is [i forgot]
There are also 8GB variants

Thanks @CyanLabs

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.