Blank screen after update

The screen swap did not help. The Edge screen did not work with the F150 APIM but the F150 screen did work with the Edge APIM. I also swapped the video cable between the two and the did not make a difference. Also tried your other suggestions but still have a blank screen. Is it possible to reload the firmware on the APIM?

The firmware load will not solve the issue. At least the screen is good and the issue lies in the APIM.
The screen looks original as does the APIM. This does not look like a case of the eMMC issue in the MY20+ units.

What trim level is your F-150? Do you have an asbuilt backup from before the update/

The F150 is a 2015 Platinum. I did backup the asbuilt but I can’t remember if it was before or after I removed the Sync 2 and installed the Sync 3 system.

This is something that could work, no guarantee.

Do this:

1. Connect FORScan to the vehicle.
  2. Make a NEW PROFILE. (Hopefully the APIM shows up in the new profile. If it does, it’s just a video driver issue. If it does not, then the eMMC is probably corrupted.)
  3. Go to the APIM Asbuilt Configuration tab.
  4. Select “LOAD ALL” and select this file:
    2015 Platinum Sync 3_4_21265.abt (495 Bytes)
    Don’t worry about the title…
  5. Write this file to the APIM. It should reboot.
  6. If the screen is still blank, go to the FORScan Tools section. Select APIM RESET and run the reset. The APIM will reboot.

If this fixes the issue, It’s asbuilt corruption and I would suggest reformatting the APIM completely as there is most likely corruption in other sectors also. If this does not fix it, then there is still a video driver issue introduced thru the reformat procedure where something did not go right. (Or the eMMC is corrupted.)

Created the new profile and was able to connect to the APIM. Was able to load the file and I can see that the APIM is rebooting as the screen will go completely black but then it still comes up blank (I can see the back light come back on just no picture) even after the reset.
I did notice that the asbuilt file you shared has 9 blocks of data but the asbuilt screen in FORscan only has 7 blocks of data. could that be part of the problem?

Thank you for all your help.

No, that would not affect anything.

I would like you to try this…
Download:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tpLhzLf0GCP3wOZNP8Vor92QTIF5Ir4Z?usp=sharing
Copy the files inside the “Sync 3.3.19052 Reformat” directory to the usb directly.
You should have 3 files in the root of the usb along with a folder.

SyncMyRide (folder)
autoinstall.lst
DONTINDX.MSA
reformat.lst

In the SyncMyRide folder, you will have 2 files:

1U5T-14G386-CB.TAR.GZ
4U5T-14G381-AN_1552583626000.TAR.GZ

Do not place the “Sync 3.3.19052 Reformat” directory on the USB, only the files as outlined above.
Insert the USB into the vehicle. Make sure there are no other USB’s in the vehicle and no phones connected to the USB ports.
If this works, it will take about 15-20 minutes and the screen will come back. If it does not work, nothing will happen.

If this does not work, I do not think that the APIM will be recoverable without disassembly and flashing the eMMC. It looks like something is corrupted or the video drivers are corrupted, which will not be repairable through USB. Maybe someone else on the forum can suggest another route, but I think we have covered everything in this thread.

Still no luck screen is still blank. Thank you for all your assistance. I’ll see what I can learn about flashing the eMMC or if I can find a replacement APIM.

1 Like

Just checking to see if you resolved the issue?

I would have thought APIM firmware would be worth a try regardless.

I have not but have been really busy and have not had much time to try anything else.

I’m up for trying the firmware upgrade. I believe I looked into it and it wouldn’t do it for some reason I don’t remember the exact error I received. If I find some time this weekend I’ll hook it back up and see what it said.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.