bluetooth and update

I did the 3.4 23188 about 6 months ago, but since then i have been having trouble with the bluetooth. it takes about 2 min for it to turn on in sync 3. I can manuly turn it it on and my phone connects. I tried a master reset and it connected right away. That lasted about a week and it back to the way it was. What i wanted to know is if i can use the updater with 3.4 23188 again to see if it will fix it. I also wanted to update my maps. Thanks

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.423188

New SYNC Version: 3.423188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
no

Update Method: Official Ford

This actually sounds more like a phone problem.
What brand/model of phone are you using?
Did you delete the vehicle from the phone Bluetooth when you did the master reset?

It’s a Samsung flip 5. the phone connects right away as soon as sync 3 turns on the bluetooth. if i want it to connect faster i need to go to general settings then bluetooth, it shows switched off. I can manually turn it on and the phone automatically connects. if i don’t manually turn it on it takes about 2 min for it to turn on.

sorry, yes i did delete the phone. in fact that was the only way it would delete it. It won’t remove the phone using the bluetooth/phone delete.

Delete the pairing in Sync.
Delete the pairing from your phone
Reboot the phone
Connect the phone to the car with a good quality USB cable, this should kick off Android Auto and pair the phone.

Thanks I’ll try it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.