Bvc to sync 3 gps time not working

Afternoon all, I done the bvc to scyn3 retro fit. All works fine expect, I can’t set time via GPS. when the ignition is off the time is wrong, but with ignition on time is correct (set manually)

I have used 3rd party gps antenna and now have oem.

Apim hidden settings shows that I can see satellites.

Any body got any ideas ?

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 2.216223

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23088

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
GPS data unavailable please try again later.

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Do you have FORScan? Usually this winds up being the Clock Master being set wrong but you need FORScan and an adapter to update it.

EDIT: You might be able to see what the clock master is set to in the APIM in the secret menu under APIM Diagnostics > Configuration, but won’t be able to change it.

1 Like

I believe my Clock Master is set correctly, it’s set to 68. Which is for BCM being master. I’ve got cables and forscan.

68=EP On, EPT 60 minutes (FoE), CM BCM (C1MCA and CGEA 1.3), MC Disabled, SWC Not Available

This is correct for a C1CMA vehicle like the 2011 Focus.

You need to downgrade he Sync application to 3.4.21265. The non-nav clock issue is a documented bug in the later Sync 3 application versions.

2 Likes

Amazing, downloading it now :crossed_fingers:t2:I’ll drop an update once done. I’ve spent the last couple months or on an off trying to figure out what I’ve potentially done wrong :eyes::man_facepalming:t2::sweat_smile:

@F150Chief thank you so much, this resolved the issue. Something so small but was bugging me so much :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.