Can i install sync 3.4 without nav?

What is your SYNC Region? NA

What is your current SYNC Version? 2.2

Do you have Navigation? Yes

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

Please describe in detail your issue below

I have a 2018 fusion with usa nav but i dont need it so what will happen if in the set up i tick nav but below the version in the nav section i put no maps instead of downloading 2019 maps ? Will the update work ? Also in another car when i updated it it had another option which was keep the current maps why dont i get that option ? Thanks

The install will complete if you choose to not install maps however you will get a navigation fault. You will also need to connect to the APIM via FORScan and disable nav in order for it to function properly. I would recommend just updating with maps included as this would not require As-Built modification.

As for your other car, the reason the option to keep maps came up was probably because you were already on 3.2 or above. Maps from 3.0 and below are not compatible with 3.2+ which is why you need to install new maps when you reformat.

Thanks for the answer i do use forscan so of i do the update without maps and just disable navigation in forscan there wont be any problems or anything abnormal with sync ?

There shouldn’t be any problems, no. Not sure why you’d want to intentionally disable nav though. Seems to be more work than just installing 3.4 with maps.

I agree with Avdon

Not sure why you would intentionally disable it rather than just install it. NA maps is about 25 minutes, probably about the same time to load forscan, modify asbuilt, and update non maps lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.