Can't update Sync 3. Message: Installation paused

Hmm interesting, when i’m not ill i might dig in to to the files of this version.

Have you tried with a quality brand USB stick?

According to the log, it seems you are using a DISK (never recommended) and it’s a generic one.

If Syn3updater can’t properly identify the device being used, it means the device is quite generic.

Get better soon.

Both threads mentioned by F150chief previously share that common 3.0 build…
So that may be a lead.

Good catch @Maksim_Zakutnij !

I used four different flash drives, it didn’t help.

Get well soon! Perhaps your experience will help us.

Then you have discarded almost everything.
At the moment, it seems these are the culprits:

• Faulty USB hub
  • Faulty APIM
  • Some specifics with build 3.0.17276

If you try what F150chief said (downgrading it to 2.3, no guarantees as he said), please make sure to tell us how it went.

1 Like

I think you can discard USB hub, it reads music perfectly. I will try to downgrade to 2.3 and will definitely unsubscribe.

I will be curious to see if the updates start…or get the same message.

I have already prepared a USB flash drive, I will try it tomorrow. I can also add that the firmware prepared via Sync Updater gives at least a message. If I use the firmware for example from the Ford website, nothing happens at all.

In general, the miracle did not happen, and the attempt to downgrade the firmware was unsuccessful.
The flash drive blinked the indicator for 5 seconds and nothing else happened. Even the Updating System Software inscription does not appear …

Your APIM is not well. There is probably an EMMC storage error which can’t be fixed.

Is it possible to diagnose the Apim module, for example using an OBD adapter?

You would have to take the module apart and use an EMMC reader to diagnose the processor board. It would cost more than a replacement by the time you are done.

Where is it located?

Behind the screen.

MK3 non-MFT Sync (APIM) Removal | Focus Fanatics Forum

How much memory does Sync 3 NA non Nav have?

8gb

Have you tried running the APIM interrogator against the unit?

Can I download a link?

You create it with Syn3Updater