Check before update

Hello everyone,
First: want to thanks for who maintain this website.
So, my question is before to start the update from here, want to be sure about “everything” :slight_smile:

Just bought the car few weeks ago (second hand) - Ford Focus Ecoboost 1.5, break.
My sotware:
version 2.3 Sync 3
build 17109
Gracenote ver: 1.1.1.794(EU-0010)
Navigation maps ver: F6.1
SYNC S/N (ESN):NWB200T2

has some issue with freezing sometimes, maps are older and canot pair my apple phone due to unable to delete paired phones (bug).

Want to update from official website Ford where they have an update for my VIN with ver.3.0.20204.
First attempt: prepared USB 8Gb (exfat format & unziped file from Ford website) => after half past an one hour stuck on upper screen with message “Updating system software…”
Made an master reset
Second attempt: Activate automatic update on Wifi after 4-6 hours there’s no update available (strange as the Ford webside provide update)
Third attempt: prepared USB 64Gb (exfat format & unziped file from Ford website) => after one hour stuck on upper screen with message “Updating system software…”

Before fourth attempt with cyanlabs want to ask, is there something I cannot update the Sync? should I test/check something before?

Your answer will be great.
Thanks

PS: sorry for my gram mistakes (my English is not the best)

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 2.3

New SYNC Version: 2.3

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
n/a

Update Method: Official Ford

Whatever method you choose you have to let it complete.

Tx for y reply.
Ford said it will took 20-30 min. I spend more then one hour and nothing apear, only mesage with updating. Cannot stay with ignition on, for many hours. That’s why I asked if something is wrong with my Sync, or what I should check.
Thanks again.
[

Create and run an interrogator log with syn3updater… once you have it, send it (redact the vin if you care about it)…

According to the original post the OP has not attempted to update with Cyanlabs yet, only official Ford, and may not have even downloaded version 3.0.20204 from the Cyanlabs site so there may not be an interrogator log yet.

As you know, often there are issues updating from the earlier versions through the Ford profile update system so my suggestion would be to just either try updating by Cyanlabs to version 3.0.20204 if he/she wishes or, better still, update to the latest 3.4.23188 together with the latest maps and do a master reset after the upload of course. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know and understand what the OP said, thank you.
I asked the OP to create an interrogator log, not to provide a log for a USB that’s been created for upgrading, I think you might be confused about the types of logs.

Again, that’s why I asked the OP for the interrogator log output, since I want to see what’s on the APIM. Once we get that straight we can start giving him some ideas. I just want to have more information.

Ok…sorry, I wasn’t questioning your understanding of the post.

I understand how interrogator logs work, I just wasn’t sure about what the OP had done based on the original comments as far as the Cyanlabs update was concerned.

Hopefully he/she can do what you require to investigate the issue further.

Oh, don’t worry about it…

Exactly, nor am I… that’s why I asked the OP for the interrogator log since it will tell us where the unit stands… :wink:

1 Like

WOW what an activity here. Thanks a lot.
So today was a strange surprize for me (bytheway i’m a boy :wink: ).
Based on your disscusion here I prepared an USB for Interrogator.
Goes to car, press button for master reset before insert the usb and the Sync freeze (cannot reset with hold the Seek up and the audio unit Power buttons). Decide to power the engine and stop it to shutdown the sync. Perfect, Sync shut downsr, stat the engine again and surprize, the update was done (strange). Looking into the ver. windows and now I have version 3.0 build 20204, gracenote 1.1.1.1127 and the interlog file is almost empty (contain onlytwo script : InterrogatorLog() + / CopyInterrogatorLog +).
Happy to have update but to unlock the maps need this file to be uploaded to Ford site, but is empty.
So, decided to create interrogator file from cyanlabs. Turn off the engine, insert prepared USB and start the engine. Appear Updating system software for a 30 seconds, then a message windows appear: you can remove USB and at the next ignition start the Update will be completed. Here I’m totaly confused about this message is from update or from interrogator.
Still don’t know if we have the file, because I selected a XML file instead a log extension, is this:

VIN: WF06XXGCC6HD37630
Version JR3T-14G381-AX
APIM Model: JS7T-14G371-FDC
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 64GB
APIM Free Space: 20G
04-Oct-23 1:22:35 PM +00:00

Partition Type = Free / Total
/fs/usb0/ = 7.4G / 7.4G
/fs/tmpfs/ = 127M / 128M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 4.5M / 1.5G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 79M / 14G
/fs/Nuance/ = 843M / 15G
/fs/Nuance/ = 7.6M / 1.9G
/fs/Nuance/grace = 6.1M / 1.0G
/fs/rwdata/ = 690M / 1024M
/fs/mp/ = 40M / 1024M
/fs/images/ = 20G / 55G

Installed Packages
JL7T-14G421-BA
JR3T-14G391-AE
JL7T-14G422-BA
JR3T-14G423-AB

APIM AsBuilt
DE00: 0B6865929002BE150002
DE01: 524F01064003080000000005
DE02: 0000010000
DE03: 01001A01020007
DE04: 17E8179828BE
DE05: 80
DE06: 15033300000000135600000430670069

Based on this what is y opinion? could I update to the latest version 3.4.23188 with cyanlabs to have also the maps.
Thanks again to everyone for your time.

Thanks for the log.
So yeah, you are on the latest 3.0, so we are good there.
About the XML file, you could update that to Ford’s server for them to acknowledge the update was installed.

Now, if you want to update the maps on 3.0 you can, but you will have to manually create the USB (if Ford does not provide it for you).

Important: 3.0 maps are not compatible with 3.4 and viceversa.

Should you choose installing the maps for 3.0, you will have to follow this guide: Tutorial: Sync 3.0.20204 with 2022 EU 2.21 (F11) Map Installation

Yes, you can. Keep in mind you can’t go back to 3.0 though.

Thanks a lot for info and time.
I will keep y update about the status of updating.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.