Climate control not working 2016 Taurus SHO

Well, same deal. Still cannot control the vents. Should i leave the battery unplugged overnight?

No, I don’t think it would help. When you get a chance can you post the APIM asbuilt?

1 Like

Will i need forscan for that? If so i will get the connector ordered. Which connector is better? I see they have 2 they recommend, and one is almost half the price.

got this from entering my vin online.
1FAHP2KT2GG121671.ab (21.7 KB)

Yes, you will need FORScan. Get the OBDLink EX if you can.

You likely have to adjust the Legacy Climate settings:

For 3.2 and lower:
*0: Enable Climate Control Repeater for Dual Climate Control
*1: Disable Climate Control Repeater
For 3.3/3.4:
*0: Enable Climate Control Repeater for Dual Climate Control
*1: Disable Climate Control Repeater for Dual Climate Control
*2: Enable Climate Control Repeater for Single Climate Control
*3: Disable Climate Control Repeater for Single Climate Control

I can take you thru the settings when you get the adapter. You will only need the non-paid version of FORScan.
Download FORScan

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will order it right now.

While it sucks i am having the issues i am, i am excited to learn some of this. I do enjoy tinkering…lmao

It’s easier than you might think but be careful and make backups of everything. If in doubt, ask questions.

2 Likes

It is ordered. Thank you again for your time helping me. I will try to do a bit more research on using it while i wait and i will let you know when it arrives.

So do you think i will be able to go back to the newest sync when i get the connector and forscan? Or should I stay on 3.3…im not sure of the difference between sync 3.3 and 3.4 but i imagine there are improvements.

You might be able to go to the newest but I want to try to make it work first so we’re not chasing issues.

1 Like

Ok, Forscan is downloaded, license key is being generated, and the obdlink is out for delivery. What is the first thing you would like me to do when it arrives?

Post a screen shot of your APIM AsBuilt here.

1 Like

Read the Forscan programming guide, load the drivers for the adapter, update the adapter when you get it.

2 Likes

This?

1 Like

I hope that is what you were looking for.

This thing has been acting really weird lol. Now the air temperature stopped changing again. The numbers change but the actual air temp doesnt. The other day, it forgot my time zone, the fan speed is very irratic and changes quickly, even turning off and on. I had to turn off the menu beeps so i didnt heve to keep hearing the climate system turning on and off lol. How can it keep changing? Im starting to worry its just broken.

1 Like

Have your battery load tested. Sounds like the battery is weak and might be suffering a low voltage condition on starts which will cause systems to reset and possibly lose settings.

The settings on the APIM look correct. I would start with what F150Chief said and have your battery checked.

If it is not the battery than it could be the HVAC module or the Front Control Interface Module(FCIM) going bad. Could even be the APIM since it is a super old H series and was the first year they put SYNC 3 out.

Well bummer, ill test the battery.

Tested the battery, was testing good but weak. Drops to about 11v on multiple load tests. It also has some corrosion and residue on the top of the battery like it has leaked or overflowed…but the terminals dont look bad.

I am willing to swap it out…but i hate, and really cant afford to just throw money at it…you know if im going to buy a new battery, it will be an agm lol…

I just find it really wierd that besides being super slow and laggy, and freezing up sometimes, everything seemed to work before updating from sync 3.0

Well besides the backup camera…but it is doing the same thing as before so im pretty sure its not related.

If you’re dropping below 11 VDC, you will start to pick up errors and it is possible that you are generating DTC’s for a low voltage condition during start. Look at any DTC’s you are getting and see if they state a module fault due to low voltage. If you find these then you most likely found the issues as far as the DTC’s are concerned, and the erratic module behaviors. Also, if you change your battery to AGM, perform the battery BMS reset (if equipped) and change the charge strategy in the BCM for AGM.

1 Like