Climate control not working 2016 Taurus SHO

Everything is working so much better, but the climate control stopped working all together. No blower motor or anything.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.18093

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Not related to climate control, only for usb compatibility

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: V2.12.5.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

https://cyanlabs.net/fhub/sync3/syn3-updater-log/?uuid=1eed8b3e-f1d9-64e6-900f-0242ac120005

Master Reset if you have not done so.

Also, check this setting for the climate control. There are changes to how Sync 3 works in CGEA 1.2 vehicles.

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, because i am new at this, where are these settings? I dont see any sort of climate control settings in here, let alone anything that looks like that.

Update, the fan control has started working and i can adjust the temperature now. But the dual switch is opposite of the screen and i cant control where the air is blowing out. It is currently only blowing out of the windshield defrost vents.

Was this just a straight 3.0 to 3.4 upgrade using the updater or did you upgrade/swap out the APIM as well?

1 Like

This was just a strait upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4 using the updater

This is a known issue with Sync 3.4 and CGEA 1.2 vehicles. There is no setting that will fix this in the asbuilt. You would need to jailbreak the APIM and use the FMods.com fix.

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! I have a very vague idea of what jailbreaking is but am not sure how to do it in this situation. I clicked your link but apparently the website is no longer active. I apologize if i am missing something obvious here lol.

This is really unfortunate. I fixed my radio and entertainment but broke something id consider more important in hots and colds of the midwest. :laughing:

FMods - Forum

1 Like

This is a nightmare. I am so lost lol…nobody seems to have exactly the same problems i am…i have searched fmods and see similar situations but nothing quite like mine…i can adjust the temperature and the numbers change on the screen, but it never activates whatever changes the air temperature. The fan turns on now and the speed is adjustable, sometimes it just kicks on by itself. Still cannot change the vents that are being used, it only blows from windshield defrosters.

What i meant by the dual zone being opposite, was that when it is selected on via the dash button, the screen switches to off, when you select turning it off on the dash, it turns on on the screen.

The only fixes i seem to find on fmods is one for the ac selection being inverted, and somthing about dual climate controll being inverted on rhd vehicles.

I hope im just missing something, im sure the whole jailbreaking and modding thing seems scarier then it actually is when i finally start to wrap my brain around it.

Is there maybe an older version of sync i can fall back to that would still have the climate controls intact?

Have you used Foscan on this at all?

I have not, today is the first day i have heard of it. But this is also the first ford i have owned in a very long time.

I do have hp tuners and have a very slight experience with it. But i dont think they will do the same things from the way it sounds.

I have always wanted a sho, but after all the issues it has given me so far, i may start to regret my decision very soon.

Don’t blame the SHO. It’s an easy fix if you just had someone around who knows how to quickly fix it with Forscan.

Your probably gonna need it to fix these issues.

1 Like

I know deep down its not the cars fault lol…i just have terrible luck with buying cars. This is only one of the issues im having with this car and i only bought it 2 days ago

Do you really think forscan will be able to fix it? I seem to be reading mixed opinions about whether it can be fixed with forscan, fixed by modding, or not fixable. If the latter turns out true that will really suck here. I love my music, but climate control is very important. It wont even be safe to drive it in a lot of weather due to fogging and icing, not to mention how uncomfortable it is freezing your butt off while driving…been there done that…lol

I apologize for my ignorance, i promise i can learn this stuff, its just brand new to me.

A short video of some of my issues, maybe it will help in finding a solution.

Use the Syn3 Updater to downgrade to Sync 3.3.19052. You need to downgrade the Sync app and the system voice file. You do not need to reformat, just use autoinstall. You do not need to change the maps, etc. Once you have that done, perform a master reset once the unit has completed the downgrade and rebooted. Wait for a few minutes before you perform the master reset so the unit loads completely. Once this is all finished, test your HVAC functions.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion, i will give it a try as soon as i get home!

Ok, that got me halfway there. I can now adjust the temperature of the air. And all of the buttons on the screen match and follow all of the buttons below the screen.

The only thing that isnt working now is the vent selection.

(Wow, i typed this up hours ago and apparently didnt hit reply lol)

There were a few times where the fan would stop working for a little bit, then start working again.

Pull your battery cable to reset everything, for about 5 minutes, then see what happens. Sometimes these modules just need to clear the last settings.

1 Like

I will give that a shot!