COMPLETED - Give back to CyanLabs by filling in this country database for Syn3 Updater V3

Hey guys,

If you want to help us out but don’t want to or can’t give any money, consider doing your part for this google sheet :slight_smile:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EID9JULYWZgnf4sik9Gh63TcWoHKi20430LfVf2V8cE/edit#gid=0

The more complete this is the more easier Syn3 Updater V3 will be able to detect the correct region for Non-Nav APIMS!

Many thanks :slight_smile:

I loaded up the Ford/Lincoln Toolbox from Naviextras.
Ford.welcome.naviextras.com - Free map updates for your SYNC® 3 navigation system
Official Ford Sync 3 map update is only available in the following ROW regions:
Central America, Caribbean, India and Sri Lanka, Israel, Middle East, North Africa, South Africa, South East Asia.

They don’t have a list of regions vs countries…I took the file out.

1 Like

Not sure that is correct? it has United Kingdom in…

It gave me everything on the list. Ignore that. I’m trying to parse it to each region.

Well, they don’t have a cross reference on the site that I could find so the list doesn’t really do any good. Oh well…guess I have to get the old desk globe out…

Hehe, i have just gone through all the countries one by one and added the most likely region :), add some notes if you think i’m wrong for any

I’ll go thru it tonight and see if I can fill in the blanks…

No worries, i’ve already implemented the handling of the code on Syn3 Updater v3 :slight_smile:

(to clarify, it says Scan USB, because it will try and scan the usb, if it can’t find the file it prompts the user)

Well, that was fast…

Cool, looks like it works fine.

I was going to say, “Well, isn’t that special…”

10 points to who gets it…!

1 Like