Continual 1st stage complete, please perform key cycle message

i had maps version EU 4 14 on my car that I recently bought and have been trying to update them to the latest version Ford UK website is giving me. I downloaded the maps update to a usb and plugged it in. All was going well until I get the message 1st stage complete, perform key cycle and 2nd will start (at least the message is along those lines. I do as it asks but teh same message keeps repeating and popping up each time I do it. I decided to try and download the update again but my Ford UK login tells me I have the update and doesn’t allow me to download them again.

Car is a Mondeo (66 Reg) with Sync 3 already in it, 2.0 diesel Titanium with AWD

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.20

New SYNC Version: 3.3

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

You have 2 options.

A) Troubleshoot your current upgrade path (Ford’s) to see what’s going on and keep on Ford’s path.
B) Leave Ford’s path and use Syn3updater to update to 3.4 with latest maps.

Also, you mention both Sync3 3.20 and 3.3, on which version are you currently on?.

I was 3.2 when I bought the car and upgraded to 3.3. I’ve decided to go down the syn3updater route. Having to download it on only 1 connection as each part keeps failing when I try any more than that. Seems to be taking ages but I can wait

Okey, if your unit does not have any MY20 component reformat is the recommended way to go, it’s faster and cleaner.

About taking a lot time, it depends on your connection and Ford’s servers.
Not sure what’s taking so long, if downloading the files or validating/copying them onto the USB.

I’ve got checking, copying, validating and copied. Copying is the thing that’s taking a while and yeah I’m using reformat. Like I say I’m in no rush and not taking the car out again today so it’ll be ready for tomorrow when I do. A big drive out to the countryside are my plans now in the morning

Just out of interest, when updating the files in my car tomorrow will the navigation still work or will it cut out, not work out similar?

Please post the log for the USB creation.

If it’s a reformat the unit won’t be operative until the process ends. For full EU maps it should take about 45-60 minutes.

Yeah it’s a reformat but on a laptop my wife is currently using for work so can’t currently get the log. I’ll just go somewhere I know well with the dogs for a walk that I don’t need nav to help. Not a problem

All done and working perfectly. What extra features should I see on this over versions 3.2 and 3.3?
Maps upgrade I can see and it has my house street on it now as it didn’t exist a few years ago

Glad it worked, remember to perform a master reset if you haven done so.

About changes, basically the new UI layout.
As features you should have what you previously had while being stock, there’s no official changelog.

About your street’s name I guess it depends on which map version you had before, if you chose the latest ones available they are about a year or two old, so quite recent.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.