Custom PHEV running 2.5 not 3.0

Hello all,

I see from the software versions that both of my PHEV vans are running 2.5 rather than 3.

F1.5.0.1_r19511a
F1.8.0.1_r20411a

My dealer agrees with cyanlabs that to install v3 will require removing the existing system and installing new and they say it may even be an impossible task.

What I really would like to know, is what is the actual difference between 2.5 & 3

Also if sync 3 has been out since 2016 and the PHEV only came out in 2020 in sync3 only How on earth are ford building vans to order and still using the wrong parts from 5years ago.

SYNC Region: Europe

Navigation Variant: No

Old SYNC Version: N/a

New SYNC Version: N/a

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Other

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

If the unit is on Sync 2.x you cannot upgrade with Syn3updater, no way around it. You will need to replace hardware… Also, do not mistake Sync3 with Sync3 3.x…
The same goes for Sync2. Check the about section of your Sync system.

Probably to lower the cost, since Sync 2.5 does not have a dedicated APIM like Sync 3 has.

1 Like

Yup this, sync 2.5 is crap and done for cost saving

Plenty of folks have upgraded the Sync 2.5 to Sync 3.4. Some of the better info for this is on TransitForum. (I think I got the site right).

As both my vans are PHEV which are supposed to have sync 3 from what I understand to be able to use the features such as remote start and precondifunction.

But after a year of chasing when I’m going to get these features to then find out I’ve paid for sync 3 (as it’s the only option) to then be given sync 2.5

I thought I was buying from a reputable company, now I’m wondering what else I’m supposed to have and not.

I was promised geolocation, when van arrived both Ford and dealer told me I already had it, when I then sent photos of a geolocation, thry then back tracked a s said I had to pay for it, then when I pointed out it was on all their PHEV documentation and then on my manual stating it was standard, Ford finally agreed to install.

I’m wondering if I should take both vans to an independent company to verify what’s supposed to be in the van, wouldn’t surprise me if I find my battery pack is a couple of old AA batteries soldered together:)

I’m.not trying to upgrade from 2.5 to 3 as its not my problem, I bought 3 and got 2.5 (not sold as advertised)

What I want to know is what are the differences between 2.5 and 3 and why would the Top spec PHEV vans be running anything other than sync 3

Who else has a PHEV, what are you running do you have remote start or pre condition etc etc etc

If you have some way of proving that to them, they should fit a Sync3 unit in your vehicles.

Luckily I have the email from dealer advising he ordered sync3 for both vans.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.