Dead sync3

Hi friends I have switched from Sync2 to Sync3 and I wanted to hack the system to play me videos in the car. But i did something wrong and used what program reformat.After i installed reformat nothing goes. Black screen and no power going to the usb. This won’t even load the USB disc
When i put on back sync2 everything works.Is there any possibility to fix sync3 yet ?
I apologize in advance for the translation because I use translator.

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 23188

New SYNC Version: 23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

If you ONLY used reformat then you now need to install the SYNC software.

USB slot doesn’t work either

Can you share a picture of the Sync3 APIM 's back?, we are interested in the sticker…

A J series assembly from 2017?, sounds odd…
What do you think @bill32399 ?

Do you have Forscan and an adapter? Can you read the APIM 's model through Forscan?

1 Like

Thank you for your willingness and I will find out the information tomorrow APIM

Thats a very early J series but most J series were in 2018 vehicles. You would usually find an H series in a 2016-2017.

I show a 2016 S-Max selling with Sync 3 not Sync 2.

Check the power supply circuit. The power supply line of SYN3 multimedia box is different. Need to convert the header.

Hi, Forscan sees a drive with data

Thank you for the information but the sync3 device and cable from sync2 probably doesn’t change anything significant. Because before I reformatted the system everything worked. Now the screen is black and no voltage goes to the USB. But as I wrote forscan can see the drive.

Hi, Forscan can see the data disk

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing on forscan?

It looks like it doesn’t have drivers