Delay while Skipping Songs

What is your SYNC Region?
NA

What is your current SYNC Version?

Do you have Navigation?
Yes

Please describe in detail your issue below

I just upgraded from MFT to Sync 3 in my 16 Fusion (using a 2018 EcoSport APIM), and I’ve noticed there is delay when skipping songs when connected via Bluetooth. It’ll be fine when first starting the car and there won’t be a delay, but after a few songs theres a noticeable 2-3 second delay when skipping songs. The next song’s information shows on screen when I hit skip but won’t start playing until 2-3 seconds after. This however does not happen when connected to CarPlay. Currently using an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.6 (Latest). I’ve Master Reset the system and same issue happens. Any ideas how to solve this? Should I downgrade to 3.3?

I believe this just pretty much comes down to the nature of Bluetooth in these APIMs. Even when playing songs, while they play smoothly they are 2-3 seconds behind the actual ticker. I’ve also got an iPhone 12 running iOS 14.6 and I’ve had the same experience with Bluetooth for years on SYNC. Personally, it hasn’t bothered me because the songs still play fine so it really is preference. I don’t believe downgrading will fix it, and in fact it will likely bring more bugs. The latest 3.3 build is from the beginning of 2019 which is over 2 years old at this point.

1 Like

It’s weird because I don’t recall this happening in v3.0 in a family member’s car but I could be forgetting. I know this rarely happened on MFT, but I’d still rather have this over MFT

Yeah, I reformatted my system to 3.4 from 3.0 in 2019 shortly after getting my car so I can’t recall how it was on 3.0. There’s been some known Bluetooth issues in 3.3/3.4 for a while now, but pretty much every build is affected.

Thank you for the help though, thought it was an isolated issue happening to me

1 Like

Not isolated at all. Although you said that you upgraded from Sync 2 to Sync 3, where did you obtain the programming for the APIM for the conversion? It is surprising how many things are overlooked in programming these units for a different vehicle. For instance, Bluetooth profiles are vehicle specific for Sync 3, as are the adjustments for navigation loss of satellite, that will affect the nav accuracy. Placing a 2018 EcoSport APIM in a 2016 Fusion will result in DTC’s and general errors if not programmed specifically for your vehicle type and options. The best place to start is to find a 2017 Fusion vehicle which was OEM equipped with Sync 3 for sale with options as close to yours as possible, get the VIN, and download the APIM configuration to install in your vehicle.

You can download the vehicle configurations with a valid VIN at Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.