display black faild update

Hello, last night mr and my friend we were trying to update the older version… we had 4gb (actual 3.7) USB drive… the instalation on usb from pc went succsesfully. then we inserted usb in the car instalation has started and that massage appeared wich says instalation has complited and u can remove usb… we hought it was complited and really removed the usb driver. ( ofc we regreted that didnt checked all those tutorials and didnt digged deeper here… we was tryin to do it as fast as possible… so we had this kind of result… screen went black. i have a doubt the old version is deleted and new version didnt installed properlyeither… can u guys give us advices… what should we do? how can we reinstall old version? what will be solution?
everything is just messed up… also usb light around it is lighting uo shile turning on engine and it goes off in fef secends… and it doesnt has reaction on any reboot configiration even fuse removal didnt helped

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22200

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
nope just black screen. i think driver is uninstalled

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.5.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: no

Syn3 Updater Log File

Hello.

Yep, that’s how you break things.
What you are describing fits with reformatting a MY20 unit, did you run the interrogator log against the unit?. If not, do you have Forscan?. If not, are you willing to unmount the unit to check the sticker on it?.

This is not a good sign, even an interrupted reformat process should not leave a black screen.
In fact, based on your description, the screen turned black after the reformat package was installed.

A good starting point would be to provide the information required by the template, provide the log.
About the screen, is it full black?. No backlight?.

If the unit has MY20 hardware and you ran a reformat USB against it, it’s dead.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.