Download paused due to insufficient memory question

I’m trying to update my Sync3.0 and I’ve realized the Sync update downloads to your computer before transferring to the USB but I only have about 30GB on this laptop to begin with and after deleting all I can I only have 2GB of free space. Is there a way around this to get it onto the 32gb USB drive? Or would hooking up an external drive work for the download before it transfers to the USB drive?
Thanks in advance!

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.0

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.10.6.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

You can use an external drive and point Sync3Updater to that instead of your local disk. This is done on the Settings page where you set up your current Sync version and region. It’s listed as ‘Download Location’.

Keep in mind, you can’t have the initial download go directly to the USB disk you plan to use to update your Sync 3 system. You will need a separate disk for this.

@mj360,
You indicated the new Sync version as 3.0. Did you mean 3.4?
Are you looking to reformat with maps? You will need about 12 GB of free space for the maps and about 5 GB for the Sync files, close to 17GB total.

As Vchat20 states above, change download location to external drive. You will need 2 usb ports on the computer to do this. Based on the info of the computer, might take a while. Make sure it doesn’t go to sleep and is on a power adapter.

You can also try the manual method, so that you manually download the files onto the USB and create the proper files / folders manually, thus not needing an extra device or storage

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.