Enabling Park Assist in Sync 3 (For those that have done a Sync 2 > Sync 3 Upgrade)

I wanted to add a little comment and revelation that was made today with my C-Max and thanks to a user over on the C-Max Hybrid forums for pointing out a key AsBuilt parameter:

I had been fighting for the longest time trying to enable the flank guard/top-down parking sensor display. 2013 vehicle and SHOULD be officially CGEA 1.2 with a Sync 3 retrofit. I did previously upgrade my PAM calibration. Unfortunately being a Central Configuration based vehicle, ForScan doesn’t provide an AsBuilt configuration option for the PAM and the BCM Central Config only has a general Park Aid/Assist configuration parameter.

Vehicle is equipped with 9 sensors (3 rear/6 front), basic parallel park assist/no park out or perpendicular. Here are the AsBuilt parameters I have in my APIM related to the parking aid stuff:

7D0-01-01 xBxx-xxxx-xxxx
7D0-02-02 x3xx-xxxx-xxxx
7D0-02-02 xxxx-Bxxx-xxxx (This was the key bit. It was set to 1 for CGEA 1.3. Apparently C1MCA makes this work for some reason!)
7D0-04-02 xx03-xx (I had this set up for 08 at one point. Didn’t seem to affect the park assist feature. Not sure what significant functional differences are between these)

Park assist function is still -slightly- bugged. Initial full screen ‘spot check’ shows correct. Shifting into reverse when it shows the camera and has text on screen, the text is off screen still (same as Lukeanderson’s screenshot earlier in this thread). Not a HUGE issue. The actual parking function seems to work fine, relying more on the sounds given. My biggest desire was trying to get that top down display added which is officially accomplished. :slight_smile:

3 Likes