Enabling Park Assist in Sync 3 (For those that have done a Sync 2 > Sync 3 Upgrade)

I didn’t do the update because I don’t have the option in my forscan

Can you confirm which white lines you are referring to? Is this overlay lines on the reverse camera? A picture of what you see would be useful.

That’s what I have, what I’m trying to refer is the dynamic lines when you turn your wheel.

It’s likely you need to make changes to the BCM, I haven’t come across a definitive way to enable this as its not a common request. If you do find out, let us know.

Have a look at this link for some ideas: Need to reprogram rear camera - Page 2 - FORScan forum

It works!!!

I did this change:
Go into “BCMii Module configuration (AS BUILT format)”
change 726-01-06 from 1 240 to 9 240

Thank you so much

3 Likes

Excellent news! That was easy. For future searching, this is how to enable dynamic parking guide lines on a Focus.

I wanted to add a little comment and revelation that was made today with my C-Max and thanks to a user over on the C-Max Hybrid forums for pointing out a key AsBuilt parameter:

I had been fighting for the longest time trying to enable the flank guard/top-down parking sensor display. 2013 vehicle and SHOULD be officially CGEA 1.2 with a Sync 3 retrofit. I did previously upgrade my PAM calibration. Unfortunately being a Central Configuration based vehicle, ForScan doesn’t provide an AsBuilt configuration option for the PAM and the BCM Central Config only has a general Park Aid/Assist configuration parameter.

Vehicle is equipped with 9 sensors (3 rear/6 front), basic parallel park assist/no park out or perpendicular. Here are the AsBuilt parameters I have in my APIM related to the parking aid stuff:

7D0-01-01 xBxx-xxxx-xxxx
7D0-02-02 x3xx-xxxx-xxxx
7D0-02-02 xxxx-Bxxx-xxxx (This was the key bit. It was set to 1 for CGEA 1.3. Apparently C1MCA makes this work for some reason!)
7D0-04-02 xx03-xx (I had this set up for 08 at one point. Didn’t seem to affect the park assist feature. Not sure what significant functional differences are between these)

Park assist function is still -slightly- bugged. Initial full screen ‘spot check’ shows correct. Shifting into reverse when it shows the camera and has text on screen, the text is off screen still (same as Lukeanderson’s screenshot earlier in this thread). Not a HUGE issue. The actual parking function seems to work fine, relying more on the sounds given. My biggest desire was trying to get that top down display added which is officially accomplished. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

C-Max is C1CMA platform.

PDC Architecture is the format used in the vehicle platform.
PDC is the functional system and setup.

No, although the settings in the APIM are there. The vehicle systems are still C1, but the settings in the Sync 3 APIM which is CGEA, allow for the APIM to speak C1. The network messaging is translated to accommodate.

Thank you. Yeah, I’m still learning more and more about this vehicle day by day, a good chunk of it from your own posts. :slight_smile:

I think some of the main confusion was that all of the architecture/communication related settings in the original APIM AsBuilt (which was pre-programmed for me) was all set for CGEA 1.2 or 1.3 with no C1MCA in sight, notably the PDC architecture as I noted here. That and making assumptions (I know…the old adage here…) based on the Focus platform.

1 Like

hi.
Sorry for my english :slight_smile: I have an escape 2017. I added all 12 sensors and activated Active Park Assist.
Everything works. Parking perpendicular and parallel. I only have one problem. There is no sound that should be when he finds a parking space - such a Ding-Dong :slight_smile: (chimes) I am asking for a hint whether to look for a solution in APIM or PAM.
Thank you for all suggestions.
Does anyone know exactly what to change to get this sound to appear?
(google translate:)

I just want to turn on the sound when a parking space appears (the green tick on the screen) - just like in a short video

Did you upgrade the PAM firmware?
There is no setting in the APIM specifically for the chimes. These work just like the parking (rear) chimes and object detection chimes.
Do your rear parking chimes work when an object is detected?

All sounds from 12 sensors work. I just don’t get sounds when it finds a place to park automatically.
I don’t know how to update PAM. I only have the OBDlink EX adapter and I don’t know if FRDS will support it :frowning:

One of the requirements for this modification is to ensure the PAM has the latest firmware and configuration to support the modification. Here is the same modification that was performed on Fusions. This is the documentation you want to seek out.

Adding / Modifying Active Park Assist w/ PAM (Parking Aid Module) Firmware Upgrade (2gfusions.net)

Thanks F159Chief - I’m going to read it

Thank you for Link. I read everything. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a solution. The problem is in the IPC in the case of the Ford Escape.

Hey
Park Assist audio issue resolved.
IPC is responsible for the sounds of automatic parking in Escape 2017:
720-02-01 xxxx xxx0 - no chimes
720-02-01 xxxx xxx4 - there are chimes

It works for me :slight_smile:
Escape SE 2017 with added parallel and perpendicular parking assist on both modules 15T850-Bx and 15K866-Bx
Thanks for the tips
Regards

1 Like

Hi @Lukeanderson , how did you get these grey/red/yellow parking aid rectangles on the rear camera view?

BR
zibi

This doesn’t cover the loss of screen issue. Where the APM module is working but not displaying a page on the Sync3 screen. It also doesn’t advise on vehicle variant e.g. All the UK models like the Ford Galaxy or SMAX etc…

Did you get anywhere with this?

Hello, since I bought the Focus, automatic parking has not worked. I checked all parking sensors and they are ok. In Forscan I have two blis errors U0232 and U0233 "additional loss with module A (and B) emitted on the side of the vehicle.
the left BLIS sensor is defective, but after applying and coding the BLIS works properly, the detection invisible from the side of the vehicle (360 sensors) also works. Has anyone encountered the problem? for everything to work, I feel like these bugs are limiting my automatic parking. Deleting them has no effect. After replacing sync2 with sync3, I configured the APIM and updated the PAM according to the instructions in this thread, but the parking assistant still does not work, and I have been driving for a month since the update. What else can I check to restore the automatic parking function in my car?