Error trying to update!

Hello!

I was trying to update v3.3 of my sync3 version 19052 and in the middle of the process showed up this error, when i tried to do the usb again in the sync3 updater and pug again the usb it is stuck on reformat cycle and any ruina i tried pop up again the same error… hone can i fix this? Maybe i tried to put nav on a non-nav system :frowning: did i just broke it? :frowning:

SYNC Region: Rest Of The World

Navigation Variant: No

Old SYNC Version: 3.3

New SYNC Version: 3.3

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Ill post an image.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 19052

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

You are installing maps on a NON NAVIGATION unit for some reason!, this will never work! recreate the USB without maps

1 Like

When i conect the usb with the non-nav system it just shows this, cant i do a reset?, when i turn on the car it Say insert the usb im unable to use the system untill i succes on installing this :frowning: i add an image

Thank you so much for your help!

make sure your “current version” is still correct in SYN3 Updater

1 Like

I had this problem in a Fiesta 2018 I tried to update but these same screens appeared.
My procedure, in my case I did downgrade from version 3.4 20201 to 3.3 19052.
I mounted the pen drive without the “gracenotes” because the sync had little memory. and it worked.

1 Like

yes however this is not the issue, the file its stuck on is a maps file, and this is because he is trying to install maps on a ROW non nav unit which is only 8gb

1 Like

ok. tks

i found my solution! maybe it will help to others, i create the usb with the nav 3.3 19052 system but i click off all the maps checks in sync3 updater, only leave checked apps voice and gracenotes, no maps licence or voicemaps, and when i put on the car it install all good with no errors, now i can change to any version (with no nav, cause that did all my problem in first place) XD but i am really greatfull with you guys helping me to solve this, i thougth i broke it but its all cool (sorry for my bad english) and Merry Xmas! :smiley:

No the solution is to read the documentation properly and in the settings of Syn3 Updater don’t select that you have navigation!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.