Error XML 3.4 23188

hello,
I have a Ford Transit 2017 EU. I did the 3.4 23088 update in 2022 with syn3 updater. Today I wanted to update 3.4 23188. I enter the xml file in syn3 updater and the software shows me this error:
what do I have to do?
Thanks

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.4

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Error
The XML file you have selected does not contain a valid ‘ECU Delivery Assembly Number’ therefore Syn3 Updater can not determine if this is a MY20+ APIM or not!
Post on our Community Forum or our discord server to see how to proceed from here!
DO NOT CONTINUE WITHOUT GETTING HELP FROM AN EXPERT!

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.2.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

the log files folder is empty

Hello.

The tool is trying to determine if your APIM is MY20 or not, but the unit is not giving that information. So, the tool can’t know if it’s MY20 or not.

MY20 units can’t be reformatted. If you are 100% sure the unit is stock from 2017 and has not been serviced , you can disable MY20 protection under your own responsibility.

If you have ANY doubts, do not do it because you can kill it.
If you want to be sure, you will need to unmount the unit and check the manufacture date on the sticker.

What’s your current build?.

My current build is 3.4 23088 which I had already updated with syn3 updater in 2022

Was that from 3.0.xxxx?

Yes it was from version 3

Both 3.0 and 3.4 are “version 3”… :eyes:

So… if you already reformatted the unit (from 3.0 to 3.4) and the unit has not been changed, you can bypass MY20 checking since you know you can reformat the unit…

Maybe once you upgrade the unit will present itself to the interrogator log, but not guarantee.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.