EU maps replaced by US maps

Thanks. I have an appointment to bring the car to a Ford dealer in a couple of days. As the car is new and under warranty, I’ll ask Ford to fix it, as I don’t want to risk bricking the unit. If they can’t fix it, at least they can hopefully give me more info about the APIM, or take a photo of the sticker. Will keep you posted!

I’ve just retrieved the following APIM part numbers from my unit, by using the Sync3 test mode. Not sure this information is useful in determining whether my unit is MY20+

You cannot reformat. This is a MY20+ unit. (MU5T-14G371-GAA)

Thanks for the feedback, so I have to look for alternative solutions. What if I remove all maps and license files using this utility:

https://www.fmods.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179

and then do a f10 maps-only install with syn3updater?

That is an option but is out of the scope of this particular forum. It also requires jailbreaking your APIM as an FYI. Those mods/scripts cannot be run on a 100% stock APIM.

1 Like

As Vchat20 said even if that may be done, it won’t be discussed further here for legal reasons. But you can ask them in their forums, they also have a Discord channel.

Thank you for your cooperation.

1 Like

Hi, I had the exact same problem as you and I finally fixed it with that “Navigation Data Remover MOD” and installing the F10 maps-only again with sync3 updater!

Cheers

That’s good news, thanks. I brought my car to a Ford shop today, because it is still under warranty. But they also weren’t able to fix the issue. Probably they will order a new sync3 unit and replace it.

Did Ford service shop fix the issue or did they have to order a new unit?

They were not able to fix it at the Ford shop, so they opened a support request with the Ford country central. Will keep you posted.

Hello.
I was just wondering if you got word from Ford about your issue.
Thanks.

They requested from me a bunch of information, including the maps update that screwed up my unit. They say they are attaching this to a trouble ticket they have created at Ford central. I haven’t heard since a couple of days, but I’m sure the local Ford shop will come back to me soon. Anyway SaNdMaN, thanks for asking!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.