Favorites are gone after a map update

After I update the maps I lose all my Favorites. It’s a pain to re-enter them. Is there any way to preserve them while updating the maps?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.4

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
The Favorites are gone.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.5.0 Stable

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

No log output yet

No “hi” or “thanks”?, ok…

Do you realize that you didn’t give proper information for a proper response?.
So I’m just assuming you are using reformat to update maps, if so the answer is no.

1 Like

Sorry for being rude.
I checked the log file and indeed the Autoinstall did a reformat, which in my case was unnecessary. Since my car is from 2019 I switched off the auto protection for M20 and hopefully next time my Favorites will not be deleted.
Thank you.

How so?. Reformat is needed for installing maps that are ESN locked.
And even if not required, reformat is always the recommended method if possible because it’s faster and cleaner.

BUT, you can autoinstall maps as long as they are not ESN locked…

Quite the opposite.
You can trick Syn3updater to only give you autoinstall options if you keep MY20 protection active (even if yours is not MY20), that way Syn3updater will only give you NAV upgrade options that does not require reformat, only autoinstall is allowed with MY20 protection active.

And yes, by performing autoinstalls you can preserve your favorites…

Latest NA maps are ESN locked though…

If you did a reformat install than you do kinda lose everything saved. The only way not to is to do an install without a format.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.