Fiesta 2020 Update to latest Sync & aps Possible?

Hi All

i have a 70 plate Fiesta so I’m assuming it will have the MY20+ APIM fitted, been reading and auto install is recommended? is this still the case with ver: 2.12.5.0? my current build is 3.3.19052 with F8 maps, are the UK F series maps vin/serial locked as the new USA maps are? would i be ok in choosing the F12 maps with sync 3.4.23188? my unit is stock I’ve not jail broken it but if its advised to do it i can, any help would be appreciated as i don’t want to unnecessarily brick my unit as I’ve only had it 2 days :slight_smile:

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.3.19052

New SYNC Version: 3.3.19052

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

This will be a simple/general/broad answer but will answer your concerns:

• do not assume, make sure. Run the interrogator log and see what it says.
  • if MY20, keep MY20 protection enabled and Syn3Updater will give you what’s safe to run. That is, only stuff that can be autoinstalled. If a maps version is esn locked won’t be shown as an option since it would require a reformat, which MY20 can’t tolerate.
  • you can only run autoinstall method installs.

There’s another way for reformatting the unit, even if MY20, but not with Syn3Updater. If you want to do so, you need to research about FMOD’s universal reformat package.

thanks for the info, that’s really what i was wanting to know, if i kept it in auto install would it tell me what i could and couldn’t use :ok_hand:

Yw!

Just a clarification, going among Sync3 versions is done via autoinstalls, so you can upgrade the Sync3 side of things without issues… Maps are the ones that may require a reformat…

ok, i created a interrogator usb and it is saying that i DONT have a MY20 unit? my car is a 2020 (70) plate is this likely? i see in the syn3 there’s a APIM checker , can i find the model number without dismantling my unit? also could i still play it safe and use the autoinstall to do sync & maps even if its not a MY20? thanks for any help.

The interrogator is a well educated guess, it’s not 100% accurate since it’s user driven and it cannot see the screen model…

You can check our hw db, but Syn3Updater checks those. If it says it’s not MY20 is because the APIM model is not flagged as such.

What’s the APIM model?.
It’s located in the interrogator log output, Syn3Updater should give you that information once the log is read.

the log is saying its model: KU5T-14G371-GJA

Yep, that APIM is not flagged as MY20, so you should be good to go… Under your own responsibility, of course…

It’s odd that a MY20 vehicle did not come with MY20 though… Are you sure about that?..

The MY20 thing is for the year the vehicle was built , not sold…

after a bit more digging my 11 & 12 vin numbers are KU which according to ford is K=2019 U=october so now it all makes sense i suppose. so all i can do is use all this and syn3 to say its not a MY20 after all, to update to latest F12 do i need to jailbreak it or should it be ok?

As I said before, yes, you should be fine based on the information provided

pushed wrong button :joy: , ok great, thanks again SaNdMaN for your help much appreciated, usb is creating now and ill get to do it tomorrow on my day off :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.