Fiesta Mk8 APIM up[grade part number

It’s a bit more complicated, but lets say that the first letter of the APIM’s model is the year of fabrication… J would be 2019… K is 2020…
What could happen if that you could end up with a J series apim that was manufactured in 2020 for special reasons… So if you are buying an used one, make sure to check the sticker.

Example Part Number: KL3T-14G371-PCH (This would be K=2019 (or 4**) Sync 3 Gen 3)

G***=2016 (or 1***) Sync 3 Gen 1
H***=2017 (or 2***) Sync 3 Gen 2
J***=2018 (or 3***) Sync 3 Gen 3 (MY18.5+)
K***=2019 (or 4***) Sync 3 Gen 3
L***=2020 (or 5***) Sync 3 Gen 4
M***=2021 (or 6***) Sync 4 Gen 1
N***=2022 (or 7***) Sync 4 Gen 1

thanks for the info guys. As my APIM is H i’m guessing i am only just outside the perfect window of J.

i noticed in the diagnostic for the unit there was a setting for (MY18.5+) mine is disabled. what does this to refer to?

also, is there a rev number for the APIM firmware that supports Radio logo’s ? i suspect mine is one month too old without update

thanks

Wow, thank you for correcting my offset…

I never noticed. :joy: so k is ok?

Yes, but as said before, try getting a picture of the sticker… We had cases where J series apim were manufactured in 2020 or almost 2020 and had 2020 components…

But you do not need a new APIM!

Not yet! :joy: it’s good to be ready though.

I’ve requested the latest beta from forscan but they didn’t seem too confident, suggesting the Ford Database for APIM firmware was poor with many options. So I will drop a screenshot of what forscan is suggesting and ask for advice if that’s ok. I guess it may not need update at all.

Screenshot 2022-05-16 154559

Upgrading to the -FDB calibration level will not gain anything. If you are looking for Calm Screen, you will need to use the H*** calibration and strategy files.
APIM Firmware Production Releases - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

3.0 APIM NAV & NON-NAV Unit Firmware (Production Release, 2017-Pre-2018.5, H-Early J Series)
(Originally Found On 2017/Early 2018 Units That Ship with 2 USB Ports on Back)
GB5T-14G376-AA
HB5T-14G374-CA
HB5T-14G375-DA or HB5T-14G375-FA (HB5T-14G375-CA NON-NAV)
GB5T-14G379-AA
HB5T-14G379-BA

As far as logo files, these are contained in the Sync software or (for EU only) the Logo software file, 1U5T-14G658-AG.

The APIM you referred to, H1BT-14G371-FEC, in itself does not have flickering issues, it is the vehicle platform it is installed in that causes the issue. This would be the case with any APIM. If you placed a newer APIM in place of one that has the flickering issue, the new one would exhibit the same behavior, given the same asbuilt settings.

1 Like

Thanks for the informative post. Some has gone over my head a little.

The APIM I believe is the original unit, as far as I know.

I was thinking if flickering occurred I would replace the APIM and that would correct the issue. Little confused what in the car causes the problem, if it’s not the APIM?

Are you suggesting it’s not possible to upgrade this unit to obtain DAB logos? That was the whole idea of flashing it.

Thanks for the Link. Not seen that before other than I noticed the differences on eBay?

It’s the architecture of the car that causes the problem, something doesn’t send light signals properly essentially (F150 can explain in further more technical detail :wink: )

I know there’s a saying “be prepared”, but man, you are overthinking things.
As said before, the flickering is not APIM model related, but car model related.
You are thinking all sort of things, we already said Fiesta is not affected by flickering.
You are also thinking about buying a new APIM…

Why don’t you make things simple?.
Upgrade, and if no issues are present, then you thought all of that for “no real reason” at all.
If there are issues, none will be deal breakers since you could downgrade to a 3.4 version where auto brightness toggle is still available while you sort things out…

Again, of course, it’s your decision, but I feel you are making it more complicated than it really is…

1 Like

Correct. It is a C1CMA to CGEA translation issue that only affects certain models, like Focus and Kuga (Escape). It is due to the lighting control systems in those vehicles.

2 Likes

DAB Logos are in the additional logo file for EU.

@SaNdMaN
yea i know but i’m not very lucky. its also my daughters car and i don’t want sore ears if it all goes south. that’s why i am more than happy to change the whole lot out, APIM,ACM, as i can put the old back. cautious i know.

@F150Chief
sorry, don’t fully understand. I’ve got the logo’s are in the Sync update as i’ve created the key. did we decide my APIM would support enabling them? and if not could you check the date and version of the one i posted above please?

appreciates everyone hard work and help. nearly there.

Sorry, yes I think you need to update at least to the H*** firmware for the DAB logo support.

Thanks. Is there an explanation of how somewhere. I’ve not come across one I don’t think. ? I’ve assumed forscan did this for you from available files on the Ford server. Perhaps wrongly

FORScan Tutorial Links - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.