Firmware Update (APIM and BCM and others)

I will, I down graded to 3.3 no logos yet so I’ll give it a few days, also I saw where someone said over on FORScan you need 2.4.xx beta so I downloaded it and I’ll try it tomorrow see if I see any options for Firmware Upgrades

I’ve read, you have to be very careful. Because if you do it wrong, Apim update is a study that risks losing your hardware completely.

I definitely remember Hits 1 and The Blend had logos on 3.3. Mine has NAV and maps so not sure if that would make a difference. I realized that Forscan needs to be a beta version (after more hours of troubleshooting) to have to ability to upgrade firmware but still didn’t know what to do when on that screen. Honestly, I think I soiled myself just a bit just opening that screen.

I also have Nav, I will use the beta to see if I get the options for module firmware update ONLY I personally don’t trust beta from what I’ve read to do firmware. I also have a spare APIM

So here’s what I did, I downloaded the FORScan Beta, changed my connections and I was able to have the option for all module updates and the RF Learning By Serial Number on the BdyCM went away under the beta. And BTW I still don’t have any logos on 3.3, it’s late and I just got back so tomorrow I’ll play with it more go back to 3.4 and maybe make a Firmware update attempt.

Hello my friend, you is great. This is so interesting. The fact that the update function appears in the beta version but disappears in the release version… I’m an IT Expert for 30 years, but I wouldn’t have thought of this.

Due to my job, I am not very interested and car software is not a subject I know very well. So I really congratulate you for your qualification. Also for the hint I can’t ignore my “mabbaticchio” friend’s contribution. But the real effort and work is yours. You should write a short article on this subject in the forums (I think it is closed to comments) and inform those who encounter the same problem up to the point we came to.

I could not find the ForScan 2.4.6 Beta version on the Forscan product download site. There are links in the forums but I still wanted to ask you where you downloaded it.

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.4.6.beta.exe So here’s the link, I am going to do more FA now that I know what works, I have 3 laptops all with different operating sys, Windows 10 (the one I use with FORScan) A Windows 7 and a Windows XP those I use for my work (Master Electrician) I work on Fire Alarm Sys, Access Control Sys and Intrusion Sys, all programmable as they are basically PLC’s and use an emulator like Hyper Terminal or their own software. I am curious to find out if perhaps there’s something that conflicts with FORScan on any of the laptops, as I have VPN and Antivirus programs on each one and each one is different. I am not an IT guy, but I started dealing with computers in the Air Force in 1980 everything I know is mostly trial and error and things I’ve learned about in places like here. You guys have been a big help I appreciate all input. Tho I don’t want to brick any module I do have spares even a spare APIM which is a GB5T with Nav I believe the JS7T I have installed in the truck right now is a later model. I’m thinking about changing them out so if it gets bricked it will be the GB5T and I will have more info about what NOT to do lol.

That is about as far as I got. Once I ran the APIM Module firmware update, it was not clear what to do from there. Another factor is that I had my APIM replaced in 2019 due to the original one becoming un-responsive. So perhaps mine is already updated since I have the option for Calm Screen already and I read that people were updating their APIMs to get that feature visible in Forscan. I am in IT and have been for over 20 years and I have no idea what I am doing with this stuff…
I am scared of bricking my APIM and then I stop and think “Why am I doing this in the first place?” and I always stop myself from proceeding any further which is probably a good thing for me. If I had a spare, I may be more experimental. I wish you well on your journey buddy.

Thanks, I want the logs lol. My APIM came with calm screen but never had the XM art work, my wifes car a Nissan Platinum with a nice big screen has all the nice art work and logos very colorful looks nice, so if I can’t get the logos I will jailbreak the APIM and put my own on there or see if any of the guys out there who bench work and program this stuff would do all of it if I sent it to them. I did that with my Instrument Cluster IPC as my XL has a 2019 Platinum instrument cluster I upgraded to. I will keep you posted.

Hi All,
I need your advice on Sync 3.4 APIM update. I’ll be happy if you can help me

Blocks 7D0-09 or 726-28 are not available in my Sync AsBuilt. I also want to make a few more adjustments, but I am not very knowledgeable on this subject. I guess these blocks will be added with the update. I wanted to ask you based on your knowledge on this subject.

I got a screen like the one below in Forscan on my Sync3. If there is Sync bricking after this step, how can I fix it? What are the original files and where can I download them? Do you think I can achieve the result I want with the update?

Thanks for your support.

You have an older APIM. You could update this, but you have a greater chance of bricking it. I have always been able to recover them by downgrading the calibration so it’s not APIM death.

I can tell you that you will probably gain nothing by trying to add the 08 & 09 lines. The modules in your vehicle will not have the features to support those functions.

1 Like

I have somehow the same problem after updating to 3.4. Anyway I can fix it? Fiesta 1.0 2018 non nav.

I fail to see how this is related at all

There is definitely more going on here than is stated in the OP. Most people don’t have this level of scanner. I am guessing this is a business and someone screwed something up beyond what they have mentioned.

Same exact errors.

The scanner costs 100 usd from Ali express

Where? i see no reference to any of the same things as you mentioned, quote them if you believe otherwise.

None if this belongs in this thread. He claims a SYNC update issue and this thread is about Firmware updates.

Without context of what was done to the vehicle there is no point in guessing. This looks like a BCM firmware update from the communication messages shown.

@antoniosafthinos
Obtain the Ford OEM Asbuilts and load those back into the vehicle for the BCM and APIM. likely this will resolve the issue.