First setup on USB for 2017 Explorer

On the configuration tool, when hitting start to downland to the USB, it asks if the car is 2020 or newer, mine is 2018, so I hit “No”. Does this load it software for a older vehicle, I see other people have installed this on older Fords (so there must be a way) or should I be hitting yes to go through the “interrogator tool”.
Or should I be using an older version of Syn3 that is compatible with with 2020 and older?
FYI, I just purchased this Explorer a few days ago and know it’s on a old version of Sync 3 but no other history as of yet.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.17276

New SYNC Version: 3.0.17276

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
I did try with Ford originally but received Error Code :PKG_Err03, everything is fine but that is why I’d like to try this method.

Update Method: Official Ford

1 Like

This is explained in our documentation

This is simply a model year version check for the vehicle. If you have a 2018 vehicle, it is most likely safe to say ‘no’ and continue with the installation.

NOTE: If you have had your Sync APIM replaced, by Ford or other, or you are unsure, you should first run the APIM Interrogator Utility to verify that the replacement APIM is not a MY20 unit.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.