Forcibly Closed Connection when downloading NA Maps 2.20

Have you tried downloading the files manually?
Also, you mentioned using different pcs, but have you tried a different internet connection?

Iā€™m not sure why I did not realize it earlier when you mentioned it. I havenā€™t tried manually yet, I will look into doing that and just dropping it into the folder the Sync Updater have been using!

Have not tried a different connection, but I also donā€™t really have an alternative at the moment for that either.

Thanks for the help! Will give the manual download a try though.

You are welcome, hope it helps.

You can easily generate the links for the files needed via the step 2 in the manual method tutorial ā†’ Easily Update Your SYNC 3 Using Our Manual Method - CyanLabs

That way you can easily download the big packages manually.

Thanks Sandman!

Finally got it completed and validated this morning. Mine had Nav, so it took about 26 minutes but everything appears to be in working order and operating well. Thank you again!

1 Like

Hi All,

First time posting in Cyanlabs community.

Not new to forums, but I am new to Cyanlabs forums.

I hope I am posting in the correct location/thread.

I recently found the tutorials on how to upgrade from Sync 3.0 to 3.4.

Currently I am successfully upgraded to Sync 3.4.21020 added APR 2nd.

I made multiple attempts, on 2 different computers, with 2 different internet connections, and on different days, to download build 21020 and the 2.20 (2020) NA maps, but was unsuccessful.

I got the following error each and every time I made an attempt to download:

ā€œUnable to read data from transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. An existing connection was forcible closed by the remote hostā€

It seemed like it would get approx. 60-75% of the way downloaded before that error would appear.

This was also with a brand new Lexar 32gb USB stick.

I decided to try the same download and process again, but this time I selected the 1.19 (2019) NA map file, and the download completed successfully on my first attempt.

To me, it doesnā€™t seem like it would be the servers being overloaded at that point, as I was doing this last week at the end of April (29th and 30th).

I donā€™t know enough about the process to make an educated guess, but I am just sharing my experience.

Currently I am running Sync 3.4.21020 with 1.19 (2019) NA maps, and everything is working flawlessly.

I did have a scare with test mode, and changing a themeā€¦ But I will make a new thread in a more appropriate section.

Thanks!

Error msg 1

There is no difference on how the downloads are done that is dependant on which release you download, all files come from the same server which is fordā€™s azure blob server.

1 Like

Trueā€¦ Iā€™m stumped then.

I tried probably 10 times to get the latest build with '20 maps, and would get that error every time.

With the '19 maps it worked like a charm on the first try.

Oh well, I was running '15 maps before, so the '19 is a huge upgrade for me.

Navigation overall is just heads and shoulders above where it was before.

You guys are awesome!

As we said before, you can try downloading the files manually and not via the tool.

Try that, and save the files in the folder Syn3Updater would use, so that you can later create the USB without issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.